𝟏.𝟎𝟔 - 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲

Start from the beginning

"I don't really know what to say Har... I'm sorry that happened, that's awful. I understand why you ended up ditching today." I said and tried to find more words to comfort him "You know, family isn't always blood, it isn't always the people you grew up around either. I know you have your sisters, and it's wonderful that you care about them so much but, maybe you'll find the right people you need in your life here. I know Auradon isn't exactly to your taste but, you never know who you might meet one day." He finally met my eyes again as I spoke and gave me a genuine smile, nodding a little.

"You're right lass, thank you for that..." he said and sat up again, looking down at me "I'm sorry if my problems got in the way of whatever you came out here ta do."

"Don't be, I was just gonna do some light reading but I'm happy I found you instead." There was a slight fondness in his eyes as he looked down at me, he didn't seem sad anymore, nor frustrated from his events earlier today; he seemed relaxed.

"So eh..." he started and cleared his throat "I'm assuming your parents are coming to see you for family day." He said; my eyes widened a little as I remembered and an embarrassed bush started to creep its way onto my cheeks.

"Aha... yeah. Let's just say my family ends up taking up a lot of space." I said with a groan and let my face fall into my hands "Don't get me wrong, I adore my family, but every year one of them always finds a way to embarrass themselves. Of course, they don't see it that way though, it's all in good fun to them. But when the day is done, I always end up the talk of the school for the next week. And don't even get me started on Audrey, she and her family have always had a problem with mine because my mom married someone that wasn't of royal blood, AND invited "thugs" to her wedding. Those are my uncles she's talking about!" I said, not even realizing I was blowing up and waving my hands around like crazy till Harry swiftly caught them both in his hands before I ended up taking a swing at him "Sorry.." I said with an awkward smile, letting my hands rest down again.

"It's okay, I like your feisty side," Harry said with an amused smile and chuckled. "Looks like you have a lot of love for your family. Why do you let Audrey being that way towards your family get to you so much if your family doesn't seem to always pay them much mind?"

"I don't know... I just can't stand it!! She walks around on this high horse because of her stupid status and thinks she can just go around saying whatever she wants about whoever she wants and I'm tired of it. I've put up with it for 16 years dammit." I huffed with furrowed brows, crossing my arms aggressively.

"Woah easy there tiger." Harry teased and gave a big laugh as he watched me "Well, maybe things might turn out differently this year, I for one now have something ta look forward to on Sunday, meeting your family should surely be one hell of an experience." He said with a huge smirk.

"You want to meet my family?" I asked, a little shocked. I mean, we're not dating, we're just friends, why would he want to meet my family? I mean we have gotten pretty close over the week but, meeting my family is like a whole other step!

"Of course! Why wouldn't I wanna meet the people that raised the most wonderful lass I've ever had the chance of being friends with?" He said and nudged me a little. I just gave him a smile back and nodded. Of course, that's right, friends.

"Right..." I said and looked down again, picking a few of the flowers as I tried to keep my smile up.

"Is something wrong lass?" I heard him say as he tried to meet my eyes again, only for me to still keep them down.

"No! Of course not, Har." I said and finally looked up at him with a wide grin stretched across my lips that didn't seem to meet my eyes. He looked between my eyes and tilted his head some with a look that seemed like he was trying to say he knew otherwise.