The News

"Which friend? What happened?" Lava asked her questions quickly.

"Your friend, Rue, he's been incarcerated." She said with a blank look on her face.

"He's in jail?" Judah was shocked, there was no way Rue would do anything so extreme it would get him in trouble with the police.

"What did he even do?" Lava questioned.

"Homicide."

Judah's eyes widened, Rue? Kill someone? There was no way he would do something like that. Lava shook her head.

"N-no way. Rue? That's not true." Lava's eyes widened and she continued to shake her head. Judah sat on his bed, processing the information.

"...Who was it?" He finally asked.

"His brother who everyone thought went missing a few weeks ago, and recently his sister." Judah's mum frowned. "I'm sorry this must be a lot to take in, I know you three were close." She looked between Judah and Lava.

"I just don't believe that it was him, there's no way, you've seen how he is with his siblings, he cares for them too much." Judah shook his head once more and looked out the window, the rain still poured down.

"I'll give you some time." His mum exited the room, shutting the door behind herself.

"That was just some elaborate prank right? That sounds more like what Rue would do, a prank. Just a prank." Lava fell to the floor, her face as white as a ghost.

"I don't believe he did it. No he had to have been framed." Judah said, not looking away from the window, watching the raindrops race down.

"What do we do? What can we do?" Lava started to stress.

"The one thing we can do. Prove his innocence."

"How do we do that?" Lava responded, a tear forming in the corner of her eye, she quickly wiped it away.

"We get Rue's side of the story, we ask around, we look into exactly what happened, we get the facts right." Judah stood up. "We just need to talk to Rue."