1: inner child

Tw: Slight abuse/ discipline?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

When i was little, i always called my mom "mum" or "muma". As i got older i have travelled away from my mom... I've lived with my siblings. Brothers and sisters, cousins and nieces. I haven't said, or called anyone along the lines of "mom" in so long...

Recently we moved in with a lady.

It was just me, my sister, my brother in law,   our two cats, and my dog.
This lady seemed nice.
She had a cat of her own, a cranky one though.
She had a nine year old to, i had to get to know he so it wasn't as awkward, that was hard enough...

After about 1 week things started to feel weird...

The lady was acting funny and started
giving off... Bad vibes...

When i would talk to her, her head would twitch, and she often ignored me or just talked over me in conversation...

One day, when i was making mac-n-cheese, the lady came out of her room to go to the bathroom.

(You had to walk through the kitchen to get to the bathroom)

Normally when she walks by i dont instigate conversation, her kid sees the lady and starts to talk to her.

I , doing what i need to make the food, didn't pay much mind...

The lady did her business, and walked out of the bathroom...

For more backstory:

By the time we moved withe the lady her house was a mess.
She was a singal mom with a nine year old who refused to clean any messes she made. Her mother (the lady)
Worked at a fast food restaurant and could never clean the house.
When we moved in the table in the kitchen was full of stuff and crud...
That was the only room that was remotely bad.

End of backstory.

Tw here:

When the lady exited the bathroom,
Her kid tride to continue the conversation, seen as she had walked into the bathroom without even acknowledging her kid...
She had not even looked at her kid yet.
She then started muttering about how the house was messy and gross... Saying how kids are useless and such.

I hered it all...

But her kid was just talking about her school. She couldn't hear.

But i was in so much anger when i hered that. Mostly sadness, then anger again.

ME, who is a kid, is the only one providing food for her child.

By this time she had stopped walking and was standing...
Just standing with her eyes closed.
I thought she was listening to he kid talk...

"so, what do you think mum?". The kid asked, suggesting about the field trip the school had planed.

The lady looked at her, a blank expression lay apon her face....

I watched her arm raise, and her hand collides with her childs face...

I look as i hear the loud noise.

This wasn't play...

THIS wasn't a JOKE...

Looking at the kids face as less than a second went by as a single tear rolled its way down her cheek...

Before i could say anything, the lady started screaming about how the house was a mess, neither my sister or her fiancé where home... I was left with a delusional mother screaming as her daughter stood, as look of betrayal and sadness was frozen onto her face. I would have stepped in if it weren't for my fears from past trauma.