Sucks to be Ugly

Chapter 1

"Beauty gets everything and makes everything better," Harry said on stage persuading people to vote him for Student Body President. "Sucks for the ugly," he said staring wickedly at Joanna.

Joanna grew a smile that made her look like a mad man. At school, Joanna was the 'witch bitch' of the school. Little did they all know, she did, in fact, practice witchcraft. Harry Styles, popular boy, was an attendee of Primer Elm Wood Private School, the nicest private school money could buy in England.

Harry was definitely one of the sexiest guys on campus. Girls and boys swooned over the dark curls and his seductive smile. He had piercing green eyes that held you paralyzed and made you feel numb all over. But his eyes also held a sadness, as if the light had been drained from them during childhood. Joanna Rivers hated everything about Harry. Harry was as rude and arrogant as they came but there was something even more twisted inside of him. She saw he had no love in his heart, that it was in fact empty. His heart was cold and hollow.

After their stare down, Joanna walked confidently out of the lecture hall. She knew it would make him angry and she got off on the idea. Harry watched her with his eyes glued to her back, stabbing her with his gaze. He fumed. Returning his eyes to the crowd, he barely noticed Louis, the boy with short brown locks and curious blue eyes. Harry went on with his speech, one he couldn't care less about. It really wasn't a fair vote. People were automatically going to vote Harry, due to his popularity and his wealth. There was no doubt. Soon enough, he had finished his speech and bolted off the stage, not even long enough for the next candidate to step up to the podium. He chased after Joanna, filled with rage.

"Slow down witch," Harry said roughly after Joanna. She turned around to face him. Her dark eyes glaring holes into his forehead.

"Oh dearest Harry. When are you going to ever realize that not everything can revolve around beauty?" She said circling around him in her witch/goth like clothes. "When you dress like a normal person," he retorted. Joanna wore a smug smile, expecting his comeback. She leaned toward him causing Harry's breath to catch in his throat. "People like you will never learn," Joanna whispered in his ear. She backed away and began laughing making Harry flinch.

"Meet me at 12 Seasons tonight, 8 pm sharp," he said glaring at her. "I'll see," Joanna said fiddling with her black nail polish. "You'll come if you know what's best for you," he replied shortly. She rolled her eyes and walked away clicking her dark navy heels down the hall.

"Harry, hey baby." He heard Hollie say. Mentally groaning, he turned to look at her. She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "What?" He asked sharply, avoiding eye contact. He knew the moment he tried to appease her in any sort of way, there would be a point of no return. She was taken back from his tone and didn't say anything. He shook her off.

"You know Harry, if you don't treat your girl right, someone else will," Harry's best mate Niall said. "Piss off Niall," he replied stomping off towards his next class. He noticed something very particular about his perfect posters.

"You're wrong," Louis said to Harry as he stared at his damaged posters.

"How's that so?" he said swerving his head to look at the boy. He looked back at his posters. "It doesn't suck to be ugly, 'cause there is no ugly," he said still looking at Harry, curiously in an almost dream like state. "Whatever," Harry grunted. He decides to skip his last class.

Harry walks towards his car, a sports car from his mom. He gets in, slams the door, and cranks the car. He buckles in and then speeds out of his parking spot, heading home.  It's a short drive to his house. He parks the car and heads inside the apartment complex. He storms into his penthouse. "Harry? Is that you baby?" Anne, his mom asks. "Uh yeah. It's me," he replies not wanting to show her his annoyance. She walks around the corner. She hands Harry a white rose to give to Hollie. "No mum, I wanted a red rose." "Well, had I had sooner notice, I would've gotten you a red rose. But they were out of red roses," she said looking a little upset.

"Sorry, gotta go mum." He pushes past her and goes to his room. He starts getting ready and chooses his best outfit possible. He leaves and arrives at the club early. He steps into the club and looks around and sees Louis. He nods at him. Hollie walks towards him and smiles. He gives her the white rose. She looks at the rose and gasps. Offended and upset, she pushes him away. Her face distorted in disgust,  she goes back to her friends.

"Tough love, huh sweetie?" Joanna said behind him, leaning on a beam. " I don't love her." "Good, cause she shouldn't have to try and please you anymore." She said dancing around him like she had done in the hallway.

"Nice to see you here," he says. "I like to keep my word." He laughs at her. She gives him a confused but not surprised look. "You think I actually wanted you here?" Harry taunts. He laughs again, louder. She narrows her eyes.

"Roses are red, Violets are blue, you don't deserve love, until it finds you," she chants as she ran her hands down his arm. He rolls his eyes and sits at a high table.

"I don't get why you try with Hollie," Louis says carrying a tray. "That's rather abrubt don't you think Louis?" Harry flirted, reading his name tag. "Sorry."  A camera man comes up. "Want a photo?" He looks at Louis and shrugs. Harry walks towards him and hands him the rose.

"White, the color of purity." Louis smiles and holds in his hand. He looks into the camera and lets his white teeth show. The man snaps the photo and hands him the polaroid. Louis steps away and takes the tray with him not saying anything, feeling extremely awkward.

Harry walks out of the club, music fading in the background. An aching pain hits him all at once in his head, a huge amount of pressure all around. He takes the elevator to the roof. The pain makes him dizzy. He looks in the window only to find the reflection is not him.