𝟎𝟒𝟒. ( a spark )

Start from the beginning

"oh." auroras face falls at the subject of it.

"yeah so," kingston slowly turns to ross. "go ahead, ross."

ross let's out the longest sigh aurora has ever heard before finally looking to aurora. "i'm sorry for trying to kiss you and convince you to give me a chance over matt. it was a dickish move," he says seriously, actually sounding apologetic once the words actually come out.

so, aurora shrugs like it's no big deal. "it's fine."

it's really not fine though because the whole ross thing is what started everything but whatever, matt actually kissed someone else so he can go cry about it like aurora has.

"really?" he raises his eyebrows at her, probably a little surprised because of how she ran into him last night and instantly ran away. she was actually running away from matt so.. haha. ha.

"yeah," she manages a small smile. "it's cool, i don't care." she has really got to stop with this whole lying about caring thing.

"okay great, now that that's out of the way," kingston suddenly speaks up, clapping his hands together. "mak and i drunkenly adopted a pug last night."

complete and utter silence.

"what."

aurora looks to ross for confirmation, receiving a solemn disappointed nod from him.

she instantly shakes her head. "no, you did not."

"we did!" comes an exclaim from behind ross and kingston. kingston instantly grins and steps back to reveal makayla standing with a proud grin on her face and yeah... a pug.

kingston gently grabs the tiny pug from his girlfriends hands and turns to aurora with the most proud grin. "this is harold."

aurora blinks. "you named it harold?"

"it?" kingston repeats with a gasp, reaching his arms out and beginning to push harold into ross' chest. "hold my pug," he says dramatically, ross rolling his eyes but still grabbing the dog from his hold anyway.

aurora rolls her eyes and asks, "okay.. did you come here to show me harold and go or are you coming in?"

"oh," kingston blinks. "yeah, we're coming in."

"alright," aurora sighs. "boomers out right now though."

makaylas eyebrows furrow. "who's boomer?"

"my dog," aurora answers.

"god, mak, catch up," kingston rolls his eyes jokingly for someone who's never even met said dog before. makayla scoffs playfully as kingston turns back to ross. "woah, why haven't you handed me my dog back yet?"

"because you haven't asked for him back, you fucking idiot," ross sighs, handing harold back to his rightful owner. kingston just grins and pets the top of harold's head as ross turns to aurora. "have you got twizzlers?"

aurora is taken aback for a second before she recovers and thinks on it for a second. eventually, she gives him a smile. "i do actually.," she answers. "you like the artificial rubber now?" she questions, tilting her head at him slightly, quoting how he described the candy at the lacrosse game.