Chapter Sixty-Nine.

Start from the beginning

"Where's the exit?" Harry shouted desperately as the wall rumbled to a halt again. "Where's the way out?"

"This one!" (Y/n) exclaimed, for she had been listening to Bellatrix's footsteps. As though waiting for them to ask, the door (Y/n) was heading for flew open and the corridor toward the lits stretched ahead of them, torch-lit and empty. They ran again...
The sound of a clattering lift was ahead of them. Harry sprinted up the passageway, swung around the corner, and slammed his fist onto the button to call the second lift. It jangled and banged lower and lower; the grilles slid open and the pair dashed inside, now hammering the button marked Atrium. The doors slid shut and they were rising.
"We're so dead," (Y/n) said.

"Not before Bellatrix," Harry said. (Y/n)'s lips turned up.

"Your mum's going to chew us a new one," (Y/n) said.

"Probably," Harry agreed.

The two flew out of the lift before the grilles were even fully opened. Bellatrix was almost at the telephone lift at the other end of the hall, but she looked back as Harry and (Y/n) sprinted toward her and aimed another spell at either of them. Harry dodged behind the Fountain of Magical Brethren, forcing (Y/n) along with him; The spell zoomed past them and hit the wrought gold gates at the other end of the Atrium so that they rang like bells. There were no more footsteps. She had stopped running. Harry crouched behind the statues and (Y/n) followed, listening.

"Come out, come out, little Harry and baby Whistler!" Bellatrix called in her mock-baby voice, which echoed off the polished wooden floors. "What did you come after me for, then? I thought you were here to finish my dear cousin's job!"

"I am!" shouted Harry, and a score of ghostly Harrys seemed to chorus I am! I am! I am! all around the room.

"Aaaaaah... did you love him, little baby Potter?"

Hatred rose in Harry such as he had never known before. He flung himself out from behind the fountain and bellowed "Crucio!"

Bellatrix screamed. The spell had knocked her off her feet, but she did not writhe and shriek in pain as Neville had— she was already on her feet again, breathless, no longer laughing. Harry dodged behind the golden fountain again— her counterspell hit the head of the handsome wizard, which was blown off and landed twenty feet away, gouging long scratches into the wooden floor.

"Never used an Unforgivable Curse before, have you, boy?" Bellatrix yelled. She had abandoned her baby voice now. "You need to mean them, Potter! You need to really want to cause pain— to enjoy it— righteous anger won't hurt me for long— I'll show you how it's done, shall I? I'll give you a lesson—"
Harry had been edging around the fountain on the other side. She screamed, "Crucio!" and he was forced to duck down again as the centaur's arm, holding its bow, spun off and landed with a crash on the floor a short distance from the golden wizard's head.
"Potter, you cannot win against me!" Bellatrix cried. She was moving right, trying to get a clear shot of one of them. Harry backed around the statue away from her, his hand not once leaving (Y/n)'s. They crouched behind the centaur's legs. "I was and am the Dark Lord's most loyal servant, I learned the Dark Arts from him, and I know spells of such power that you, pathetic little kids, can never hope to compete—"

"Stupefy!" yelled Harry. He had edged right around to where the goblin stood beaming up at the now headless wizard and taken aim at her back as she peered around the fountain for them. She reacted so fast he barely had time to duck.

"Protego!"

The jet of red light, Harry's own Stunning Spell, bounced back at him. He scrambled back behind the fountain and (Y/n) gave him a stern look as the goblin's ears went flying across the room. (Y/n) silently motioned for Harry to go one way whilst she would go the other and they both could get Bellatrix at the same time.