48- Forging Contracts

"In any case, it's important that we find more people capable of using Dendro," you summarized, walking alongside Leiptr. He'd taken the opportunity to relay the current situation of peanut production to you while traveling to the Vishap Research Lab. From the way the situation sounded, it seemed like at the current pace of planting and harvesting, the amount just kept increasing, which was a good thing, but it was quickly outpacing the capabilities of your current staff of Dendro samachurls.

"I've drafted up a plan to recruit more Dendro-oriented hilichurls, Your Majesty," Leiptr informed you with a pleased smile, "If you would give me your guidance and your permission, I assure you that it will handled with utmost efficiency."

"I'll look it over when I get back later," you replied, reaching up to readjust the lacy collar of your dress. It was suited for formal outings, long enough to drift down your calves, adorned with silk flowers and strings of sparklies lining the flowy fabric of the skirt. You had no idea with Idunn and Ithunn insisted you dress like a woman receiving the unfortunate news that her extremely rich husband of three days mysteriously was found dead, but they did. You weren't complaining.

Making way towards the cell where Signora was held, you spotted Enjou dozing off against the wall. The Vishaps on guard were doing their job, thankfully. Seeing an unused chair, you made sure to pull it so it scraped against the floor loudly, waking Enjou up. Once he saw you were there, he straightened up.

"M- my apologies!" Enjou hurriedly bowed his head, having to reach up to stabilize his glasses and prevent them from sliding off of his face. "I just haven't slept in a while, that's all."

The minor annoyance you felt from seeing him slack off dissipated. Still, you needed to be a little firm with him, "Make sure it doesn't happen again, use your leisure time to rest and rejuvenate."

Enjou's shoulders slumped in relief, thankful that you weren't truly upset with him. "As you wish, my queen."

He began to walk away, putting a little pep into his step since his boring shift of watching some lady do nothing was finally over. Before he could get too far, you stopped him when you suddenly recalled something, "Ah, before I forget! There should be tacos in the barrack's cafeteria. I'm sure you'd be interested."

Enjou pouted at the reminder of how he betrayed the Abyss Order, especially when he caught the somewhat smug look on your face. He rolled his eyes dramatically before leaving to go teleport in private. You sat down onto the chair, crossing one of your legs over the other, careful not to damage the delicate material of your stockings. Setting your elbows on your legs, you laced your fingers together and leaned forwards, resting your head gently on your interlocked fingers.

Scowling at the smugly-confidant look in your eyes, Signora sharply looked anywhere away from you, "Have you come here to taunt me? Or have you found some other way to waste my time?"

"Nothing of the sort," you responded, "I just thought I should inform you of what my intentions with you are."

That piqued Signora's interest, as she reluctantly met your gaze. You saw a drop of water drip down and hit her square in the forehead and internally winced. Maybe you'd have somebody freshen up one of the other cells and transfer her into that one. You felt kinda bad about holding her prisoner in such a crappy cell, even if the big puddle problem had been solved, so she wasn't just sitting around in mud. Maybe you'd pick up a book for her, too.

"And what would those be?" Signora's voice broke you out of your thoughts, the woman unwilling to wait for you to finish your internal dialogue.

"I'll be negotiating your safe return with the promise of the Fatui leaving me alone," you said, watching her reaction closely. Though she had refused to let any intel slip after telling you it was Pierro who was after you, you would still try your best to pick up on anything possible.