6. Walk proud and high

Start bij het begin

Draco is that confidence.

I look down into my cauldron and smile at the potion within it. Sure, it isn't the textbook definition of a drowning potion but it's pretty damn close. I add a few final drops of Irish rain water before I take a step back allowing the potion to boil for several seconds.

I look up to see Draco absent-mindedly drawing shapes in his text book. In fact it seems like every other student inside the classroom, other than Hermione, Harry, and I have given up trying to brew the potion and are instead spending the time gossiping or staring into space.

Professor Slughorn stands besides me smiling down "that's very good Miss Riddle."

I inadvertently flinch at the subtle drop of the Riddle name but ignore it as I am too fixated on my potion.

Slughorn walks away and let's out delightful cheer from behind me. I snap round and see Harry smiling into his cauldron his eyes shining brightly.

"Merlin this is a perfect potion once again Mr Potter! You've clearly got your mothers skills for potions." Slughorn pats Harry on the back "a few drops of this in a glass of water and it would cause the drinker to drown within just thirty seconds." Slughorn walks to the front of the classroom "I think that's enough for today's lesson. A congratulations once again to Mr Potter, good on you boy!"

The class groans collectively as they all stand up packing up their things, this is a usual occurrence in potions class now. No one else even bothers taking out their cauldrons anymore, Slughorn is only interested in Hermione, Harry and I and the silent competition between the three of us to be the best in the class. So far Harry has won every single time, and I have no idea how he's doing it.

I storm from the classroom ignoring Draco behind me and march my way to the dungeons. I am so fed up with being second to Harry in a class where I used to be the best, I mean for Merlins sake the boy didn't even do that well in his potions O.W.L.S from what I've heard.

I bang my fist on the large wooden door in front of me praying that Professor Snape is in his office seeing as classes are over for the day.

The door swings open and Snape is standing there glaring down at me "the castle best be on fire Angelica."

I raise an eyebrow "what?"

Snape tuts angrily before walking back into his office "you mean what Professor?" He sits down in his chair and begins to continue reading the piece of parchment in front of him.

I walk into the dark office closing the door behind me, I relax as the familiar smell of potions ingredients and lake water fill my nostrils. There is something very calming to me about Snape's office.

I fall down into the wooden chair across from his desk and drop my bag besides me. I cross my arms across my chest and furrow my eyebrows as my anger continues to roll through me.

Snape ignores me as he drags his quill across the parchment in front of him, he draws a large line through a poor students homework before tossing it aside and starting on the next one.

"It's annoying" I huff as I cross my legs remembering how Slughorn pandered over Harry.

Snape sighs dropping his quill "what's annoying Angelica?"