"honestly, a little bit. just started with this shit though so i'll have to see in a few weeks."

have to see in a few weeks..he's really gonna stick with this.

"well that's good to hear- that's good...i guess i was just worried that this whole bella situation was uh- i don't know...gonna get you in some trouble."

she doesn't know why she's being so tender footed about the subject. she knows he can take the truth, she knows that he knows that her concerns are definitely valid. y/n is just the type of woman who is timid about other people's struggles. it comes and goes but she doesn't know why or when she picked up the inconsistent habit of timidness. maybe she's weary that he'll get agitated about her prying and get into his snippy little mood, which she can handle and definitely match the energy at times. she just wants him to actually get better this time.

"oh that? we're fine."

"you're fine?"

he simply nods.

"well i could tell you were upset on the phone earlier. you wear your emotions on your sleeve, it's so obvious."

he sighs, his right hand coming up from his lap to grip on the wheel as he sits up in his seat. "yeah i was and then i had time to think when i was driving over to you and i don't know..."

there's a beat of silence in the car. "i had ill intentions with this trip at first but now it's nothing more than a little fun getaway. with some really good company." he grabs his best friend's left hand and brings it to his lips. "sin city is for us this weekend."

"uh uh- stop all that sweet talk, i'm a snitch."

he rolls his eyes but laughs. she felt better after the conversation, she wasn't sure what good could come out of this weekend but he seemed focused on trying to keep it clean and couth.

the drive wasn't much to talk about, chit chat to pass the time. music to distract the wait. but when they did arrive at around 2am just as he said, she was tired.

she was dreading telling him because she knows he wants to go out and hit the poker tables at the very least.

they make their way up to the ginormous suite on the top of cesar's palace.

"ahhhh!" he giggled quietly to himself as he dropped his bags to the floor and shuffled over to the bar. "they always put my favorite whiskey in these rooms."

"uh huh.." she watches him as he pours up a cup, the twinkle never leaves his eye. "and are you sure it's not just your favorite 'cause you associate it with vegas?"

"i..." he pauses and looks at her, "shit maybe...hey are we counting alcohol in the sobriety deal? cause this is actually shit we can legally buy"

"hmmm that's true i guess... if you don't go overboard with it, then i say it's fine."

he grins, sparing a wink before pouring up the short glass.

"so...you really wanna hit the casinos or strip or whatever right now?"

"yup....don't try to tell me you're staying here because fuck no."

she groans. "abel cmon it's almost 3 in the fuckin morning- i'm tired!"

he chuckles, sipping his whiskey. he walks over to the view over the strip, his back facing her. "fine fine...if you wanna stay behind i guess i can't be mad i did drag you out here last minute..i'll just have fun by myself.."

anyone who didn't know him well enough might have thought the statement was with good intentions but y/n knows that it was a threat. not to her, never to her. but to his good behavior he's allegedly been on.

she's only slightly caught off guard by the devious undertones to his statement. he had been doing so good? i think...

the encounter, only lasting maybe 10 seconds caused enough uneasiness for y/n to change her mind all together. she had a feeling she was in for a long night of baby sitting. though she didn't mind. because even though his tone was playful in a painfully sinister way, she knows he was only trying to scare her into keeping him accountable.

yes...yes this time he's serious. what the fuck am i thinking leaving him in charge of himself in a city like this? i have to go out tonight with him. wherever the hell he plans to bring us...

that's what he needs, she thought, he needed her to keep seeing the good in him.

"....fine. where are we going?"

and so y/n keeps up the tiring chase of the heroine. for two people at once.

" i don't know if i can be alone again.... "