Chapter 64 - Harmony Interrupted

Start from the beginning

"Who is it about?" Wanda whispered, brushing all of Keira's hair over the other shoulder so she had free access to her neck.

Still playing the slow tune, Keira turned her head so she could peck Wanda's cheek before letting the redhead attack her neck. "About my beautiful fiancée, of course. Who else?"

Wanda smiled brightly at the word and stretched out her left hand in front of Keira, splaying out her fingers. The woven silver ring with its big diamond glittered in the soft light, and Wanda would still gaze at it in wonder, barely believing it was real.

Keira stopped playing, leaning her arm on the guitar before glancing to the side. "You're still happy I asked you to marry me?" She questioned, her eyes shimmering.

"I don't think I've ever been happier than I was that day. You did it so magically as well. The fairy lights, the setup, the stars." Wanda's eyes glazed over at the memory and she rested her chin on Keira's shoulder, still hugging her waist tightly.

Keira couldn't help the lovestruck expression she was sure painted her face at the moment. "Too bad someone interrupted my speech." She hummed contentedly, turning her head so she could place a tender kiss on Wanda's cheek.

As if to ruin the cozy moment, a sudden spike of pain ran through her head, causing Keira to wince and put her fingers up to her temples, trying to massage the pain away. The guitar fell out of her lap, but luckily, it stayed on the bed.

The sudden headaches had started a while back, and Keira couldn't help but feel as if something was about to happen. Her dreams had become hazy too, they weren't as clear as they once were and for some reason, she kept seeing flashes of the visions she had seen when she first touched the Mind Stone. Not only that, but she had also dreamt of her death more than usual.

Wanda immediately moved in front of Keira, pushing the guitar to the side, and placed her hands on her cheeks. "Your head again?" Worry shone in her emerald eyes as she brushed some blonde strands behind Keira's ear.

Keira, who had squeezed her eyes shut, now slowly opened them, still massaging her temples to try and force the pain away. "Yeah, it's weird. I've had headaches before but this feels... different." She admitted silently, exhaling deeply.

"Different, how?"

"Like... I can't really put my finger on it. A warning maybe? I don't know, it's weird. It's probably just stress after having Ross on our asses." Keira lowered her own hands into her lap, turning her head so she could press a kiss to Wanda's palm. "Just pain, my love."

Wanda looked unconvinced, shaking her head faintly. Keira's headaches worried her greatly even if the blonde tried to play them off. The way they just suddenly washed over Keira, the way she squeezed her eyes shut and immediately tried to massage the pain away wasn't normal.

"Here you go, Wan."

Wanda gratefully took the cup of tea from Keira's hand, leaning into the touch as the blonde stroked her cheek. Once again, she had been awoken by a nightmare and while Keira had managed to calm her down, her throat was sore from the screaming. "Thank you, my love."

For the first time in months, they had managed to get to bed early. But of course, faith wouldn't be so kind as to let them sleep, hence the nightmare. It had been horrible, and she tried her hardest to push it to the back of her mind. She didn't want to relive it.

Seeing Keira getting her heart ripped out was not a scene she ever wanted to see in real life, which only heightened her empathy for her Variant who had been forced to live through that.