While me... I strive hard to become perfect in any way but it was futile. It was completely and utterly impossible for me.

I'm not perfect like him. I'm not perfect like Akashi. I'm not perfect for Akashi. So I guess, we don't even look good together.

Or whatever that poetic thing meant. But you still get what I try to point out, right?

My heart sank at the thought.

I looked at my smirking friends and gave them the utmost serious feelings and answer I have left. "No."

•••

After class, I've gathered all of my stuff to exit the classroom. To my surprise, Akashi was not in my line of vision anymore, that was fast.

Just as I was about to exit the classroom, a familiar voice called me.

"Hey, Yuri!"

I stopped on my tracks and peered over my shoulder to look at an impatient Yukari. "What is it?" I asked urgently.

"You forgot your promise." Yukari said in a monotone voice, pouting and arms crossed.

I turned to face her and raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Duh, your promise to treat us dinner!"

I gasped and face-palmed myself. "Oh, yeah," I mumbled as realization hit me. I'd completely forgotten about that. "You still remember that?"

"Of course," Yukari grinned at me. "Anything that involves free food always sticks in my mind."

I frowned but then laughed along with her. "Alright, alright," I surrendered. "Just give me a few moments, I just need to meet up with someone."

"Who is it?"

I pursed my lips together then gestured her to come to me. She followed me without hesitation then I leaned in to whisper on her ear. "Akashi,"

Yukari instantly pulled away, her eyes wide and mouth ajar. "No way!" She covered her mouth to prevent herself from letting out a squeal. "Are you serious?"

"Shh!" I, instead covered her mouth with my hands. "Be quiet!"

"Oh, my God!" She was practically more excited than me. "What the heck are you still doing in here? Don't make him wait!" She grinned ear to ear as she literally pushed me out of the classroom.

"Hey!" I whined and shot her a glare.

"Take your time, Yurika! Don't worry about us!" Yukari's eyes searched for Eri. "Erika Komori! Get your fat butt over here! Our Yuri is all grown up!"

I let out an exasperated sigh and massaged my temples. Typical friends.

"We are just going to talk, that's it." I mumbled to myself. She gave it another meaning.

Without further ado, I proceeded to make my way towards my next destination which is the gymnasium.

I took my time as I make my way down to the gym, thinking of possible scenarios.

What possible scenarios, you ask me?

Well, it's either a. He's going to answer my question personally and say yes or b. He's going to answer my question personally and say no. That's all there is to it.

Just as I stopped in front of the gym entrance, my heart started beating abnormally and my palms starts to get a bit sweaty. I took a few soothing breaths, hoping that'll help me control my composure.

"Here goes nothing..." I mumbled whilst sliding the gym door aside.

There I saw Akashi practicing shooting in the free throw line. He stopped midway when he heard the door close, which was done by me to catch his attention.