Chapter 32: Not expected

Start from the beginning

"Tan!" he finally called out, making the other officers wrap up their conversation. Eyes glued to "When was this taken?"

"Uh...let me check" Tan said focusing on the tablet. "A little over a week ago...Thursday.. Early in the morning, maybe 6-ish. Sorry, the numbering is so blurry!"

"Oh my God!" Deacon lamented, as he stood frozen staring at the screen, eyes popping out.

"What's wrong?" Luca said noticing Deacon's terrified look.

"The three figures in the distance. I think one of them is my boy." Deacon answered and immediately covered his mouth.

"Who? Matthew or Sammy?" Luca said, stepping next to him.

"Yeah, Matt. I remember Connor picked him up really early last week after we had a small conversation in the dining room. I texted him something a couple of minutes after he left and he replied that they were stopping at that store for last minute things."

"But...how do you know it's him?" Tan asked

"The figure approaching has a vest, like the ones employees wear. Matt later told me he and Calvin met with Marv, who was working an early shift. The guy in the vest must be him."

"What happened with Calvin?" Hondo said joining the group unexpectedly. All three jumped startled as they weren't expecting him for at least another hour. All three turned to him with frightened expressions. "Why are y'all looking at me like that?" he immediately snapped, frowning.

"The suspects from the case - we're trying to sketch out a pattern by figuring out where they've been and potential victims. Did Calvin go out to a megastore last week, when he was staying with you?" Luca said.

"Yeah, he told me all about it. Said he and Matthew spoke with Marv there. Why?"

"Do you remember what he was wearing?" Luca asked

"Um-" he paused for a second to think. "I mean, he left pretty quickly, but I think he had his black hoody jacket on, the one with-"

"White on the sleeves." Deacon finished

"Yeah, how did you know?" Hondo frowned confused, staring Deacon down.

"Because our perps were staring at them!" Deacon said dryly, eyes glued to the screen

Huh? thought Hondo.

Moments earlier...

WHOOOOSHHHH WHOOOSSSSHHHHH

The cold breeze swirled through the space, lowering the temperature, as the two bodies rested on the bed. The place looked as if it had been struck by a huge tornado: a total disaster! Darkness, clothes everywhere, tools and things all over the floor and the smell of trees decorated the entire bus. Serenity, quietness, darkness...

Groan. Her eyelids were as heavy as a fat man's stump. She felt the cold breeze ove he bare chest as she tried to stretch her back. Pain.

CRACK CRACK

Her whole spine was trying to re calibrate as she felt every bone moving back to its place. Darn! Her lungs felt heavy, as if she had been breathing fast for a long period of time. Her throat was bone dry, but the surface she was lying on was very damp.

Zzzzz

She heard his light snore as she turned he head towards the sound. Street laid face down on the bed, body completely exposed.

When she finally opened her eyes, she realized it was very late and cold. She yawn loudly, trying to sit up. Her fingers were sticky and her bottom sore, but she was able to slowly come to a sitting position. She took a look around but...there wasn't much to see. The place was pitch black and a total mess.