The Blue Spided Lily; Kanzaki Aoi, the new Hashira

Start from the beginning

As the poison quickly overtaken Kamanue, Kanao used Flower Breathing, Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility to cut the Lower Moon down. Kanao swiftly sliced Kamanue's head off of his shoulders during the attack, sending it flying far away into the distance.

Shinobu smiled as she inserted her sword back into its sheath, basking in the victory of her and Kanao's fight. Kanao quickly glanced over and noticed both Rui and Aoi coming over towards them, her sister covered in scratches and the demon's kimono was extremely filthy.

"Ah, it seems you both have returned!" Shinobu said as she welcomed the duo back.

Aoi grimaced at both Shinobu and Kanao, "I think I might be getting promoted to a Hashira..."

Shinobu's eyes widened, "Wait, you-"

"I cut a fucking Lower Ranks head off!" Aoi exclaimed as she used her shirt sleeve to dab some blood off her face.

"That's amazing!" Shinobu cheered, "Congratulations!"

Aoi blushed a bit, "T-Thanks!"

As Shinobu was praising Aoi for her accomplishment, Kanao glanced over at Rui and smiled.

"Hey Demon-kun, are all Lower Ranks usually this weak?" Kanao asked him.

Rui's eyes slightly twitched, "It really depends on the amount of humans a demon consumes or how much blood Ma-he gave them. The Lower Rank you fought was a recent addition to the Twelve Kizuki, so in comparison to the rest of us he was pretty weak."

Kanao nodded as she tugged at her pocket, "I suppose that makes sense."

Rui glanced down at her pocket and noticed Kanao pull out a coin, "Huh? What's with the coin?"

Kanao smiled as she held it out in her hand, "I use it to help me make decisions: Heads if I wanted to speak to you and Tails if I remained silent."

Rui raised an eyebrow, "Why do you need a coin to help you make decisions?"

"I'm incapable of doing so myself," Kanao responded as she flipped her coin up in the air, "So my older sister gave me this coin in hopes of me being able to make my own decisions without having to follow direct orders."

'Interesting...' Rui thought as Kanao gently patted him on the head.

"Your hair is so soft and fluffy."

Rui officially decided right then and there to stay the hell away from Kanao as much as possible.

"Guys, don't forget about the main mission at hand here!" Shinobu shouted as she motioned for Rui to get inside the box, "Demon-kun, suns going to come up in fifteen minutes!"

'Shit, I lost track of time!' Rui cursed as he made his way over towards Shinobu, shrinking down and crawling inside the box.

"Onee-san, look!" Aoi pointed over towards a perculiar flower growing in the distance.

Shinobu's eyes widened at the sight of the flower in front of her. The elusive blue spider lily...it's real...

"We better destroy the flower before Kibutsuji manages to get his hands on it," Aoi said as she pulled out a mysterious vial from her pocket, "But not before I extract some of it for research."

"Ah yes, this flower could be useful in curing some ailments! Maybe we could use it in a medicine to turn Kamado-chan back into a human," Shinobu cheerfully responded as she watched Aoi carefully extract the flower.