Two - A Flip Into Crime (Fighting)

Trigger warnings: Bad Writing, Cannon-typical Violence & Swearing

Earth 168

Location: Gotham

Date: December 1, 2023

Time: 9:54 P.M.

However, it did end.

About three seconds after Riley started falling, she decided to do a backflip. What? She said she was going to make a statement. After that, it only seemed reasonable that she position herself so that she had a higher chance of landing on her feet. "manifestum itinerantur!" She loudly exclaimed, eyes squeezed shut.

About three seconds later, Riley landed at the back of an alleyway in the middle of The Narrows.

While she would proffer to say she landed gracefully in a cool Black Widow-like pose, in reality Riley landed flat on her back after bouncing off of multiple window awnings, fire escapes, and dumpsters. "Ow, fuck, shit, ow!" She cursed at the sky as she tumbled towards the ground. The new vigilante laid on her back for a few moments before sitting up and looking around.

Riley knew this alleyway by heart, but it looked so different at night. This was the alley in which she practiced and learned all of her spells. This was the alley in which Mia and David James were found dead in twelve years ago. she wondered if this was the last thing they ever saw, or the Joker's face smiling down at them right before he crushed there skulls in with the baseball bat that would later become Harley Quinn's.

That was why Riley chose this alley. First to train in for weeks, perfecting her magic and studying the disturbing and ancient-looking textbooks she found in her neighbor's creepy cult basement, and later to teleport to after her first patrol.

The alley was the perfect distance away that the new vigilante could walk home and back in a short period of time, while not leading anyone directly to her aunt's apartment.

It was also less than a block away from the nearest convenience store.

Riley stood up and collected the things that had managed to fall out of her small forest green backpack. Once she was sure she had all of the books and things, she removed both of her masks, letting out a sharp breath at the pain that removing the domino caused.

And with that, she walked out into the Gotham night.

Flashback - Westview

"Today I'm here in the town square of Westview, New Jersey, and you can see here just how much damage was caused by the storm. Witnesses are saying they saw Wanda Maximoff fighting a woman in purple robes, but the avenger hasn't been seen in over 5 years. S.W.O.R.D. is giving no comment at this time. I'm Kevin Smith and this is news 16, back to you, Jessica." Said the man on the screen.

McKenzie turned off the TV as it switched to a woman in a room filled with screens saying "Thank you, Kevin. And now breaking news, this morning in Blüdhaven-"

"You would tell me if you had super powers, right?" McKenzie asked. This would be a strange question in any other household, but with Riley and McKenzie James, it was completely normal. "Of course, Kenz." Riley answered automatically, but this time she wasn't so sure.

Now - Gotham City

Riley stepped into the convenience store and bought a pack of gum before heading to the bathrooms in the back. This store, like most in the city, had a 'restrooms for customers only' policy, which made her glad she decided to throw her wallet into her bag.