Chapter 63 - Dyeing Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have

Start from the beginning

They didn't really do much when he visited, it was more of the same.

So, for the most part, they just played some board games or watched a new show together. It was nice to get updates on the rest of the team that they had split up from though. Rhodey was now up and walking thanks to an exoskeleton that Tony had built him.

The newest piece of information that they had received from Vision, who was visiting them at their hotel in Croatia, was that Tony and Pepper seemed to have repaired their relationship. Pepper was making frequent visits to the compound, which made Keira really happy.

Tony and Pepper were the one couple she hoped would endure forever.

"My love, I think we need to get up before the sun decides to sink down beyond the horizon again." Keira chuckled, pressing another kiss to Wanda's forehead.

Wanda snuggled impossibly closer to the blonde, their legs so tangled under the covers that she barely knew whose limb was who's. "No." She answered with a faint headshake, stubbornly refusing to open her eyes. "You're gonna stay with me in bed. Vis can do the grocery shopping if we need something."

A breathy laugh escaped Keira's lips and she let one of her hands trail down Wanda's side. "Oh, how can I ever refuse you?"

"You simply can't." Wanda smiled against Keira's skin, pressing a kiss to the mutant's collarbone. She let her fingers dance over the blonde's stomach, loving the way that the muscles tensed and relaxed under her touch. "What's this one from?" She whispered, finally opening her eyes so she could gaze up at the woman she loved while her finger was circling a small scar on Keira's hip.

Keira's smile didn't falter at the question.

Her body was littered with all sorts of scars, everything from grenade shards to old stab wounds. But she never felt self-conscious about them with Wanda.

The biggest step she had taken was the first time that they slept together, and Wanda had discovered the old burn wound that covered the majority of Keira's right shoulder blade. At first, Keira had been a bit hesitant about telling the story, but after seeing no hint of judgment in Wanda's eyes, she had disclosed the story about the time she had disappointed HYDRA.

After that, it had become a natural habit for Wanda to ask about the scars she was curious about when she stumbled over them.

Most of them were covered by tattoos though, as Keira didn't want them to be so visible to strangers when she wore a tank top and shorts during summer.

"Oh, that one? Bone marrow." Keira answered simply, but when she was met with silence, she glanced down to see Wanda's uncomprehending look. "They make an incision, then they drill through the bone to extract the bone marrow through a syringe. And let's just say that HYDRA wasn't exactly a fan of anesthetics."

Wanda's previously relaxed face turned into a disgusted one. "That's just awful."

Keira couldn't help the little chuckle that escaped her lips at Wanda's expression and she pressed a kiss to the place between Wanda's eyebrows, hoping it would unknot them. "You're very cute when you furrow your eyebrows together. But yeah, I can admit it's not my favorite memory."

When Wanda's expression didn't change, Keira decided to change tactics and pressed featherlight kisses all over the brunette's face.

This eventually caused Wanda to fall into a fit of giggles, and she playfully rolled her eyes. "You're such a charmer." She untangled her arms from underneath Keira's clothes and cupped the blonde's cheeks, her smile widening as Keira leaned into her touch before turning her head to kiss her palm.