Waking Up & Freaking Out

... The first thing I was aware of was the fact that my bed was colder then usual. And in no way as comfortable. I could hear a humming sound in the background and whatever it was was making the bed vibrate. Weird. Really freaking weird.

I yawned and tried to strech. But I couldn't extend my hands. Now I was almost fully awake, I realised how uncomfortable I was and how loud the humming actually was.

"Oi, kid. You awake now?"

WHAT THE FUCK? My eyes snapped open and I saw that insted of lying in my own bed at home, it was actually a grey floor.

FUCK. I bolted upright, bashing my head off the wall, jerking my hands. They felt like... I twisted over my shoulder. Shit, they were bound with a steel chain. My feet weren't though, which was weird.

With a panicky, irregular heartbeat, I looked around to see whatever had tried to talk to me. Then I realised I was in a cage, in a large room or something with tiny windows. The sky was ab-normally blue outside those windo- rewind. A cage?! In a narrow room, with a loud humming, a vibrating floor and packing crates stacked neatly around. At one end of the room was a heavy-looking door with a keypad built into it. I shook my head, trying to get my thoughts together.

"Jeeze, you seem awful slow when you wake up. I hope that you're not always like this".

That voice! I turned my head to my left, finding that I had a crick in it. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw  that there was another cage next to mine. Sitting in it, legs casually crossed, was a guy with tousled brown hair and wearing a white jumpsuit stamped with #005 Ireland on the shoulders and  a diagional red stripe on the chest. I jumped, because I hadn't been expecting a complete stranger to be next to me.

"Wha... What...", I was lost for words. This was all very sudden and totally unexpected. I hadn't the first clue as to where I was. Or what I was wearing? Glancing down, I saw that I had one of the jumpsuits on too, including the red stripe. My head was killing me too.

"Right". The guy rolled his eyes at me. "You ovbiously have no idea where you are. Based on your shocked silence, expression and lack of words, this is all happening way too fast and everything is freaking you out. Let's start with introductions and move on from there".

"Uh, yeah? Sorry, what... fuck, what is going on? Where am I, who are you, and what is fucking going on?" I was beginning to panic. The room shook suddenly and tipped to the left - unprepared, I almost fell over. "Are we on a boat or something?".

The guy laid his head against the wall and closed his eyes. "I'm Hell Raiser. And you are..."

I licked my lips. God, I was thirsty. "Golden Idiot. If we're on a Killjoy name basis here too... Uh, can you tell me what's going on now?"

Hell Raiser had chuckled at my name and now opened his eyes and straightened up. "Nice name. That'd suit you alright..." I glared at him from underneath my fringe. "Whatever. Right. You're fully awake?". I nodded. "Good. That way, I don't have to say stuff twice. Then, there's less chance of the Draculoid's overhearing us..." He noticed my widened eyes. "Oh yeah, we're surrounded by them. This is a fucking BL plane we're on."

I found my voice. "We're on a BL plane? How the fuck did I get here?" I almost shreiked the last part, but my dry throat gave out.

"Well, same way as me I guess. Caused some trouble at the BL/ind HQ in Dublin, they caught us, knocked us out... I'm not so sure why we're on the plane though." I smirked. Finally, he didn't sound so damn confident. He shrugged his shoulders at me and laid back his head against the smooth plastic wall.

Now that I was actually awake and could react properly, I suddenly felt terrified. "So, we're on a... a BL/ind plane." As I said it, the fact whacked me across my mind. We were on a plane, so I wasn't in Ireland anymore, but everything I had - my home, my small family... Oh shit. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, and tried to rub my face on my shoulder, seeing as I had my hands bound.

Hell Raiser gave me a vaguly concerned look. "You okay? I guess it's a bit of a shock..."

Trying to keep myself together, I swallowed hard and look right at him. "Where are we going exactly?" If it was headed out to Europe, I could eventually get back, maybe sneak on a train or something. The chances were small, but still there.

"I heard Battery City..."

Was it wrong to suddenly feel excited? Battery City - home of the Killjoy force. Back in Ireland, I'd frantically stocked information on what the Battery Killjoys had been doing, in an attempt to follow up to their kick-ass moves. Then...

"Battery City - as in, on the west coast of... America?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Uh, unless you can think of any other Battery City. Yeah. I'm pretty sure that we're both heading out there so BL/ind can keep us at their biggest HQ. No-one's really heard of Irish Killjoys trying to wreck havoc - they want to keep it that way."

There go my chances of getting back... My spirits dropped and it dawned on me  - I'd never see Ireland again. I was on a BL/ind plane, totally weapon-less and bound for a country I'd never have thought I'd end up at. All I had was... this freaking jumpsuit and whatever I was wearing underneath. Probably just a t-shirt... Oh shit, they took my boots as well. And my shuriken!

While I sat there, legs crossed, pitying myself, I heard the door at the end of the room bleeping.

"Fuck". Hell Raiser sat up straight and hunched his legs up. "Golden, do you remember ever hearing the name Iyona Ando?".

Faint bells of recogination rang somewhere in the back of my head. "I think I have... not sure where though".

"Right. Well, Iyona Ando is the head of the BLI in Ireland. She did meantion that she'd be back to talk to us a few minutes before we're due to land...".

Oh. Cool.

The metallic door swung silently open, still bleeping. The sound of high-heeled shoes started echoing around the room. Two Draculoids entered the room, each holding what looked like a white gun. They turned and bowed respectfully to the Japanese woman who now entered the room. She was wearing a white trouser suit, with black hair piled up elegantly on top of her head.

She turned her head towards me and smiled. "Hello. I am Ms. Ando. Welcome to the world of Better Living!".

__________________________________________________________________

It's up! And it's much longer then I expected.

I haven't writtten anything for a while, so if anything seems awkwardly written, I'm sorry :L

Next chapter should be up within the next two weeks seeing as I've got school holidays starting tomorrow!