Chapter 3: Visitors

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, they have increased the prices again. The second time this month!"

"It truly gets worse every day... they could at least grant the merchants from the other nations the possibility to leave, but well, that would result in a loss of money for the Kanjou Commission."

"Right, they literally steal the money from the good guys, I know what I'm talkin' about! You know, over the last month I've been here, all these stranded people are correct people."

"Oh, yeah, Ayaka told me about your 'mission' here in Ritou."

"Yeah, and you know what? The Traveler should be arriving today!", Thoma exclaimed happily.

"Today?", Shura replied surprised.

"Yeah, they come with the help of the great Captain Beidou and the Crux Fleet! I was just on my way to the docks, would you like to come with me?"

"Sure."

As Thoma was leading him to the docks, Shura was deep in thought.

'So, today arrives this Traveler, and this Fatui woman wants him to stay in Ritou and even goes to the Commissioner to ensure that. If this Traveler can be such a threat, perhaps I should take a look at him.' 

After a while, they finally arrived at the docks but the ship with the Traveler on board hasn't arrived, so both of them decided to take a seat on the nearby standing wooden boxes. Since the ship is not in sight yet, Thoma decided to engage in a conversation that he rarely has with Shura.

"I heard you ripped off some Mora from the Kanjou officials, is that true?"

"Yes, Ayato asked me to help his sister so the Commission can hold its festival for the people."

"I see, so they can get at least something back..."

After that, a long silence was between them as even the normally talkative Thoma was at a loss for words when it comes to conversing with Shura as there was always this tension between them as well as the rest of the Kamisato's, but of course, he knows about some people who are able to converse with him like a normal person but he couldn't quite figure out what they do to achieve that.

"Ehm, by the way, last time you talked about the Traveler like you don't care about him, so I was kinda surprised when I saw you here in Ritou", Thoma suddenly asked.

"I'm here because of Miko. For some reason, she also believes that the Traveler can save this nation", Shura lied as naturally as he breathed. 

"Oh, the Guuji is also interested in him? Mhm, if she says so then I'm sure that he will help us!"

"If you think so... I just hope these won't do anything that might further harm this nation."

"Hey! Look!", the blond man exclaimed and pointed at a ship that has passed the thunderstorm surrounding Inazuma.

Soon the ship docked and a woman wearing crimson clothes and an eye patch came down from her ship, this is Captain Beidou. After her, a boy dressed in some exotic clothes and a blond braid accompanied by a small floating fairy-like creature with white hair and a cape that shows the night sky, leaving a well-fitting trail of star glitter behind her, also left the ship. 

"Ahoy, there!", Thoma exclaimed and jumped from the box he was just sitting on.

Shura on the other hand stood up slowly and walked next to him.

"So, you finally made it. You sure kept me waiting, Captain."

"And it appears we have a couple of stowaways... or perhaps I should say — honored guests."