Preface -

Chapter I

Rosewood, of May

It would always rain here, in Gladestown.

Especially the ever-elongating months of season fall. The ancient, detached area seemed particularly much more isolated and antediluvian than it usually was, with a thick cast of mist veiling the entire town, rows after rows of endless trailing wooden antique houses, and of course, constant raining ashen the skies.

The surrounding quite gave away what there all ever was to its residents - sullen dull, gloomy, hopelessly moody, and mostly, old. Which explained why the frequency of downfalling rains became rather of a nuisance to most locals.

But May had always loved the rains. They brought of the town something particularly, unique.

Hadn't they nurture every single tree from the moment of its rootening, every single seed of the soil settling down, every living creatures there were, generation to generation, year over year, and day by day? Would the young girl protested if somebody were to complain about their fatigue of the irksome rains.

For she loved the rains with all her might, everything there was to the mysterious airs of the town. And then would the conversationists stare at her with crystal unease, disapprovement, or even to take a wary step back.

Worse still, they took a cruel humor to the tale and made fun of the attempt. This was not of a wonder as May was always known as an awkward little airhead who'd often found hopelessly into paranorms of any kind possible.

The teachers caught dead of her sketching eerie characters between the blanks of her textbooks on more than one occasion.

Instead of answering proper queries about the lesson learnt she drifted off to an utter unrelated subject which comes around to her own paranormal interests at the end. 

And her gaze, would always return to the woods...

Was it plain naive interest, or was there something else... Even herself couldn't save a proper answer.

She had always knew there was something... but what be it?

Little did she know, the simple question accompanied by her urging inquisity might be the cause of her downfall.

Curiosity killed the cat. And humans would be treated to all the same.