Chapter - 50 You...How did you know?

Start from the beginning

For an entire year, even running to several places and staying at his grandmother's place for more than half a month, Zhan Yu never appeared. Lu Junxing didn't feel good about asking his grandmother, worrying that she [grandmother] might overthink things. Moreover, he didn't want to investigate Zhan Yu in private either.

If Father Lu finds out, he might also overthink it.

Because it hasn't just been a day or two that his elders have been urging him to bring a boyfriend home.

When Lu Junxing saw Zhan Yu again, it was on TV.

Zhan Yu was the dark horse in J City's Summer Host Selection Competition, stunning everyone with his outstanding looks, unparalleled eloquence, and reflexes, as well as his melodic and moving piano performance.

Many people were astonished, and Zhan Yu won as the champion without any suspense.

Lu Junxing suddenly went silent as he saw Zhan Yu in his long form-fitting white dress, smiling beautifully on stage as he received his trophy.

What did Zhan Yu go through this past year?

This person seemed to be Zhan Yu, but also different.

Zhan Yu's temperament and his expression, they were different from that boy who would suddenly become sad every so often.

Lu Junxing smiled lightly.

Has Zhan Yu finally walked out of it?

Is Zhan Yu working hard to continue on with his life now?

But Lu Junxing wasn't far off from the truth.

Ever since leaving J City that time, Zhan Yu spent several days collecting his own emotions. He can't go back anymore, he thought. So, he'll work hard to live hIS life to the fullest. He will show Lu Bai who's still in that world that even if he has nothing now, he'll still work hard to climb up to a position where he will be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with him. He survived through his toughest days this year. Working two to three jobs at the same time, he made use of his dancing and piano playing skills, constantly working to improve his financial situation. He even opened a training center of his own and made a name for himself. He participated in countless talent competitions and won many trophies.

A month ago, Zhan Yu quit hIS job so he could focus on preparing for J City's Host Selection Competition. Nobody knew how much effort and sweat he poured into each level of the competition, but he earned his coveted entry into the industry. He told himself that anything was possible as long as he had the guts to work for it.

On the second day after the competition ended, Zhan Yu was able to start his career officially. So, he called up Mother Zhan to share the good news with.

Mother of Zhan Yu was also overjoyed. "That's good! That's wonderful! It's great that you won!"

"Yeah, Mom. So I won't be able to return for some time. When I have free time during the weekends, I'll go pick you up. You can come stay with me. I've already started looking at some homes. This time, I'll get a bigger and more comfortable house."

"Yes! That would be great!"

When Zhan Yu heard the soft whimper of a sob in his mother's voice, he couldn't help but say, "Why are you crying, Mom?"

"I'm just too happy! I'm so happy that I have a capable son like you!"

"Don't worry, Mom. I'll definitely work even harder so we can have a better life!"

"That's wonderful! I'm really happy to have a daughter like you. You have to take care of yourself out there, don't stay up too late at night and remember to eat your meals on time."