Chapter - 49 Better choice for both you and me

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The old lady noticed that he didn't speak much, but continued anyway, "Are you interested in those things? If so, you can accompany me to look at them."

All of a sudden, Zhan Yu was reminded of Grandpa Lu and Bai Ning and ended up agreeing.

After accompanying the grandma to pick out a number of plants, the old lady wanted to thank Zhan Yu by inviting him to eat a meal.

Zhan Yu naturally declined.

"When you asked me that question a few days ago, I went home and thought about whether or not I forgot anything. Two days ago, I remembered that a strange young man, surnamed Zhan, had also given me a gift. I think it was a book!"

Zhan Yu immediately widened his eyes and excitedly grabbed his hands. "Granny, are you telling the truth?"

The old woman smiled until her eyes turned into slits. "Of course. But I didn't look at it clearly before I put it away."

"Granny, can you lend me the book?"

"Of course!"

Zhan Yu followed the grandma in a daze, and that was how he inadvertently saw the man who looked like Lu Bai again. He had spent the rest of the bus ride in an anxious state, wondering what would happen once he saw the book. Never once did he think that he would end up seeing him again.

"What a coincidence. Mr., you even managed to find your way to my house!"

The man's displeasure was clear from the sarcastic tone of his voice.

Zhan Yu thought for a moment before standing up. "Mr Lu, I think you're misunderstanding something. I didn't come here for you."

Zhan Yu tried to explain.

"Oh, really? Then tell me, what did you come to my house?"

Grandma Lu saw the two confronting each other with daggers in their eyes and hurriedly explained, "Junxing, what are you saying? Mr. Zhan kindly gave me his seat on the bus and even accompanied me to the flower shop today. I invited him over to have a meal as thanks. Don't scare him away!"

Lu Junxing listened to his grandma's explanation but shot Zhan Yu a meaningful look.

Naturally, Zhan Yu understood his look. Zhan Yu reckoned that in his eyes, he was just another man desperate to get close to him.

Since Zhan Yu couldn't get anywhere with him directly, Zhan Yu decided to go through his grandma instead. However, that really wasn't Zhan Yu's intention.

Zhan Yu thought that this meal wasn't important anyway.

Zhan Yu's only intention was to get the book.

Zhan Yu walked over to Grandma Lu and said politely, "I appreciate your good intentions, Grandma Lu. If there's an opportunity in the future, I'll invite you to a meal. For now, could you let me see the book?"

Grandma Lu wasn't an ignorant person. She could tell that there was discord between the two and didn't dare make Zhan Yu stay. "Then, you wait here, Zhan Yu. I'll go look for it."

"Thank you, Grandma Lu. Do you want any help?"

Grandma Lu hurriedly said, "No, no! You should sit down and have some tea. Junxing, please help me keep Zhan Yu company."

As Grandma Lu made her upstairs, she shot Lu Junxing a look. Despite feeling annoyed, he nodded. After every two steps, she would look back to make sure the two didn't start quarreling. She thought how strange it was!

Why weren't they getting along? It was unscientific!

Lu Junxing also felt unscientific. Why was it that whenever he saw this man, he would feel the urge to mock him? He somehow felt a sense of victory from seeing his aggrieved expression.