Chapter 26

I started channelling my energy and taking deep breaths in and out. I was establishing my creeks of magic that flowed through my body from my core. I focused on creating a light, a small one that would fly above my head.

When I made the command I felt the energy in my core push like a muscle to meet the command. The hall lit up and I could once again see the stone walls surrounding me. I followed the same path at a quick pace and reached the door once more. It was opened and now I could properly see the goblin again.

He now looked cleaned up and the bad from last time had decreased. It was not that bad anymore. He was dressed in regular suit robes and had his greasy grey hair slicked back. He had what looked like a wine tummy and seemed to be reading a book.

"Greetings to you young Parkinson," Hinkle said dryly with no respect. "You must be the betrayer," I said acting as if I knew something which I, in reality, didn't. "You can not fool me like that young Parkinson I know why you here," Hinkle replied. His disinterest somehow bothered me but I knew I had to watch his every word analyse every word he spoke and not get fooled.

"Then you know what you have to do," I responded just as dry this time. If he did not want to be respectful neither will I. "I only tell in return for a favour," Hinkle tried to persuade but what he did not know is that I knew I had all the cards in my hand. "I do not do favours," I said curtly.

Hinkle looked up from his book with a surprised look in his eyes, before narrowing them again. "Then I shall not answer-" I cut Hinkle off, "I do believe that my house-elf is the one torturing you, I could ask her to do a lot worse so you have no choice in the matter. Now answer my question," I urged coolly.

Hinkle laughed loudly, "you are smarter than you look kid," He muttered. "However, I still have no reason to tell you," He said trying to get that favour out of me. "Yes you do, when I entered the smell was so bad because it was old. you do not get so dirty unless it is done over a long, long span of time. Because I saw you, you got cleaned up." I said confidently knowing I had him right in my grasp. I showed a shark-like smile before continuing.

"Tribble knew I would be coming back to see you, but if I do not come any longer and promise her I won't what do you think will happen to you? Hinkle," I smirked using the fact that I knew his name for dramatic effect.

I could see Hinkle swallow before nodding softly. "Alright you got me there kid, I'll tell you if you keep visiting every now and then," Hinkle said warily.

"It started when my wife, at the time lover started serving the Parkinson Family. Your mother died at your birth and it is because of me," Hinkle looked up guilt filling his eyes but I stayed quiet. Deadly quiet.