Chapter Nine

(Warning: The italicized is a review of Loki's memories, which means there are descriptions of pain. As well as a describing the staff's power as a drug. Skip until the '*' or just above if you'd like to skip. Thanks for reading!)

(Your Pov)

It was dark. A storm blared outside, wind howling against the walls, rattling the windows in their frames. This shouldn't be happening. Not- not like this. It didn't happen like this.

"Loki?" A voice called from the door. You whimper in response, the only sound that you dared make. A cry in fear would do you no good in your position. In this... well, this wasn't your room. And yet in the haze of your mind, it felt as though it was. "Oh, brother."

Footsteps thudding down the way, a flash of lightning made you draw in on yourself even further. Shallow breathing tearing apart your chest, the air never enough comfort. You wanted to go home. The storms were better than...

Than-

"Do you still dare defy me?" A voice snapped, boots thudding down the way. The rhythmic fall of a giant- a mad titan more like it. He stopped outside your cage. "Stop resisting the power. I know you hear it calling. You wanted this, remember?"

No. Never in a million years. But he wasn't wrong. The pain inside you- Hel, the pain still lingering on your body- it ignited the yearning inside you for even the smallest remedy. The smallest drops of magic that may keep you going.

With a kick he rattled the cell door, making you flinch at the sound. Turning away in shame from how it affected you. You were better than this. You had to be.

For all your pride, what masks you held for your fear crumbled when he started fumbling with your room door. Not again. You couldn't take much more of this. A small whimper breaks out of your shaking form. From pain or fear, it was hard to tell.

"What was that?" He sneered, a tower over you as he approached. Grabbing your hair in one hand, lifting until your eyes met his own. For your feet to reach the ground was impossible, and yet if you didn't find a way, he might end up ripping the dark from your skull. "Still more defiance?"

You couldn't give in. You wouldn't. You- It shouldn't happen this way. "Pl..." Time after time you killed the word on your lips. You would not beg. Not from him, not from the norns- you couldn't allow such a thing.

A god does not plead.

A god does not- "Argh!" He tightened his grip, making your hands raise to fight against his. Stupid, stupid reflexes. In a moment he grabbed your wrist, tossing-

Hands collected your bundled form. "Shh, it is okay, brother. It is just a storm." You burrowed your face into his side, holding on for dear life. "You are stronger than a little lightning, are you not?"

"Maybe you are." You tease, focused on trying to wipe away the tears. He couldn't see you like this. Not like this. Not so... Broken.

The sky gave way to another crack and rumble, your childish body curling against your brother's. Your brother-

Brother? This didn't- it wasn't- things don't happen this way. These things never happened to you. This is not your room, not your brother, not your life. These weren't your memories.

"Take it." He snapped. Thanos. The mad titan. His disciple held out the staff- the weapon you knew would corrupt your mind.

Had corrupted. Past tense. You couldn't resist the flood of power that overwhelmed your senses with the gem in your hand. The anger and rashness that drugged your logic, dulling any reasonable thought for favor of domination. "Take it!"