𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁 | 𝙻𝚈𝙸𝙽𝙶

Start from the beginning

The long and sharp claws, the slimy skin, the animalistic way of walking, the sound it made while it ran behind her, the non existent face, the...

"-Emily," her teacher spoke, "Emily are you listening?" The girl looked up to everyone looking at her, she squirmed in her seat at the piercing gazes. She then turned to look at the teacher, who was looking at her weird. Emily understood why.

She always paid attention to his art lessons.

She straightened herself in her seat, "Yeah, yeah..." she looked around at the expectant stares, focusing on Erica's clueless expression, "No, no, i'm sorry..."

*...*

The classes had just ended, and Emily was heading out of the classroom surrounded by a bunch of eight year olds. The girl was about to head out of the room when she heard her name being called from behind her. She stopped and turned around, to see her teacher heading towards her and standing in front of her at the doorframe. "I'm sorry Mr. Anson, I was just... distracted, and I wasn't paying attention, but I swear its not your fault, its just-"

She was stopped by him, he reassured her saying, "Oh, Emily, it's ok. I'm not mad."

The young Harrington furrowed her eyebrows together, confused about the reaction, "You- you're not?"

Her teacher shook his head, he was calm. She waited for a couple of seconds to make sure he was telling the truth.

He was.

Her dad always got angry...

"Look, Emily, I just wanted to tell you that you can talk to me if you want to, you have my house number from that time you had that origami project in second grade." Mr. Anson smiled at the little girl, "You called many times back then."

Emily wasn't the best at origami. She knew that. But something told her that that wasn't the actual reason why he had stopped her. "Yeah, but, about what?" she looked around, focusing on the worn out doorframe, "I don't have anything to say,"

"Oh I'm sure you don't," the teacher continued, "But maybe you'll sometime need to consult someone on your worries, especially if it tampers with your concentration, alright?"

Emily nodded, still half thinking about the huge grey monster that lived in the woods. "Alright," she adjusted the books she had in her arms.

*...*

"Harrington!"

Emily looked up at her fuming maths teacher, flinching at the hard edge to her voice. Her teacher, was looking straight at her through her thick circular spectacles that rested half up her nose. "What are you doing? Are you at least paying attention?"

The girl looked down at her desk, more specifically at the piece of paper she was drawing on. The white space was mostly covered by a flower like shape, but the delicate nature was sharply contrasted by the sharp triangles at the edges of the 'petals'.

The point is, it wasn't a flower, and those triangles weren't just triangles, like they should've been during a math class.

They were teeth.

*...*

Emily was now walking out of school after a long and confusing day at her elementary school. She hadn't been able to concentrate, not even at Erica's rambles during recess. Everything she could see was that faceless monster, and all she could hear, was the sound it made while it ran behind her.