𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁 | 𝙻𝚈𝙸𝙽𝙶

"A monster?" Erica's incredulous voice spoke up, looking at the younger girl with a clear 'what the hell' look.

Emily nodded vigourously, flailing her arms exaggeratedly, "Yeah, it was huge and skinny and-"

"And it had no face?" Erica continued, still skeptical about the whole situation. Her friend nodded once more, confirming the fact that she was going insane. "Sure," the dark brunette girl nodded slowly.

Emily rolled her eyes, she knew that she didn't believe her. It sounded insane. Maybe she was insane. "I know it sounds weird-"

"No it doesn't," Erica interrupted her, "It doesn't sound weird. You sound like my brother. That's even worse." Emily sighed in defeat, if her best friend didn't believe her, nobody would. She rubbed her eyes tiredly, she was very tired. Erica turned a little more serious, "Are you sure you weren't hallucinating? I mean, how long have you slept in the last three days?"

Emily dropped her face into her crossed arms, her words coming out muffled by them, "I don't know," she lifted her head and propped it onto her right hand, "I don't use numbers if I don't have to."

"Of course you don't," Erica deadpanned, resting her fork into her lunch box.

Emily looked down at the lunch she had quickly packed that same morning. One of her brother's energy bars and some peanuts and raisins. "Are you sure you consider this a secret?" She looked at Erica, whose face clearly said 'Yes dumbass'

This was one of her rules, "Don't trust your brother with your secrets." The Harrington girl didn't really think it was a secret, but more of a life threatening situation. Emily sighed, dropping her head back onto her arms. "I'm scared though," she accidentally kicked Erica's shin as she swung her legs forwards under the table, which resulted in her getting a harder kick in return, "I'm going to have nightmares again,"

Erica exhaled heavily as she took another bite out of her lunch, "You don't sleep anyways,"

"But I want to"

"But you don't,"

"But i'm tired,"

"Fine, but when he uses it against you, don't come complaining. I will just smack you with the list and say I told you so."

Emily stared at her for a couple of seconds, and then, dead seriously asked, "Can I have some of your food?"

*...*

"And as I said, you'll have to try and draw a portrait using whatever material you'd like. The due date is next week on Friday." Mr. Anson spoke to the third grade class as they wrote the assignment on their planner.

Kelly Martin, one of the students, raised her hand, "Yes, Kelly," the teacher pointed at the girl with the marker he was holding. The blonde girl asked, "Who do we have to draw?"

She said it at the same time as Miles, one of Emily's desk neighbours, "My drawings look like a three year old spilled paint on paper," that made Emily smile to herself. She liked drawing, but she didn't know if she was necessarily good at it.

Emily looked down at her hands that were rested on her desk, still thinking about what had happened the night prior.

She still couldn't explain it. It was so... strange.