Chapter 3

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑰𝑵𝑪𝑼𝑩𝑼𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It's not like that was the first time you had a dream like that, but it was never that vivid. Even after an hour since you woke up, even after going out on a walk, you still somewhat felt the lingering feeling whenever you think about it. Besides, aren't dreams supposed to be forgotten once people wake up? At least ninety percent of it.

But in your case, you still remember the dream more than you remembered the show you were watching last night.

The guy in your dream was an enigma, his eyes were the color of autumn and he has a certain combination of fragrance that attracts you. It wasn't just one scent, but surprisingly they went well together.

You shook your head and rubbed the back of your neck. "Stop thinking about it, Y/n," you told yourself.

When you opened your eyes you saw the cat making his way towards you before he jumped on the couch.

"Ah, it's you."

The cat rubbed his head on your hand and you rubbed his soft fur in return. His little paws pressed on your knees and he scooted closer. The closer he gets the louder you hear his purr.

"Hey," you said, cupping his soft cheeks and the cat closed his eyes as you squished his small face. "Hey, I can't just keep calling you hey."

The cat moved closer to you before he sniffed the plate where the leftover apple pie is.

"You want this?" you asked and you heard him meow. "Alright, here you go."

You took a portion of it and offered it to the cat who ate it before he suddenly licked your finger. His tongue felt rough yet it wasn't the uncomfortable kind of rough. It felt quite ticklish because of the texture of their tongue which made you giggle.

"You really like apple pie, don't you? Should I call you apple pie?"

The cat didn't seem to like being called apple pie as much as he liked eating apple pie as he stopped purring. The smile on your face slowly faded as well and you looked at the cat.

"But if I give you a name, I have to be responsible for you for the rest of your life."

You caress his cheek, brushing your thumb on his soft fur as he inclined his head closer to your hand.

"And what if you're already owned by someone? I'd be sad if one day you'll be taken away from me."

That's why you never adopted a pet. Because you know how limited their time is in this world that it was saddening to think that they will have to leave after a few years. They say the most precious things in this world are sometimes the most ephemeral.

Why can't they just live forever? Like that bunny back in school when you were a kid, you wished it could have lived long.

You didn't know if it was just you, but the cat seemed to have sensed your emotion that he moved closer to you and then rubbed his head on your chin as if to tell you not to be so sad. Which was effective since you felt your mood lifting up slowly.

"I'll ask around the neighborhood if a cat is missing. And once I make sure you're really a stray," you trailed off before finally smiling. "I'll give you a name and keep you around."