001

1x01

(John B narrating)We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

******

John B, JJ, Pope, Kiara, and Winter are all on summer break and drinking beer at one of the new constructions. JJ and Winter are sitting on one of the working platforms smoking weed while John B is balancing on the edge of the roof.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Pope says from the deck below them. "I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival."

John B lets out a noise of curiosity and turns to JJ and Winter. "Should I do it?"

Winter is about to answer when Pope bets her to it.

"Yeah, jump. I'll shoot you on the way down."

"You'll shoot me?"

A very high Winter laughs and nods as she makes finger guns at John B and makes gunshot noises. Before any of the boys could comment on how high she was, an angry Kiara steps out of the house.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." She says annoyed.

"I have one and you have one so I don't see how they are the problem," Winter says as she exhales the smoke that she had trapt in her mouth for so long her eyes started to water.

"Winter, This used to be a turtle habitat. But I guess you don't care about that" Kie says as the bitch she can be because she well knows Winter cares. She once made Kie arrange a funeral for a baby turtle that she had found. They forced all their friends to attend it. Winter cried for a month every time someone brought it up.

"Kie, don't," John B says knowing about the turtle story and how Winter will probably cry if they push her too hard when she is as high as she is.

"Fine, Just don't kill yourself," She says as he is dangerously close to the edge.

"Don't spill that beer" JJ shoots at his stupid friend. " I'm not giving you another one" And just as he said it, of course, he did just that. JJ and Kiara spit out some mean comments toward John B.

"Hey, guys. Security is here" Pope says as the car drives into the driveway.

"Time to go," JJ says as he helps Winter down. They all grab their stuff and get ready to go.

"Captin, come on boy," John b says colling on the sleeping dog.

How could I forget Captin was there? He is Winter's golden retriever puppy. Or well she bought him but he is pretty much glued to John B. So to Captin they are his parent, but he is a daddy's boy.

The dog's tail starts to wiggle as he hears his name. He runs fast after the teens. JJ taunts the gourd as he chases after them in their car.

******

(John B describes his friends)

"And last, That's Winter. Outer banks royalty, Princess of the obx. Her grandparents are totally loaded and she lives with them, which means that she is a full-blooded kook. Her father is also a cop so that's fun. Winter is the most stupid smart person I know. For instance, she rather hangs with us than anyone else. Both smart because, hello it's us, and stupid because it's us, and she wants to go to an IV. I have never met anyone as kind and loyal as her tho, except our dog Captin but if we are talking humans it's her. She is a golden in human form. But she also likes to go against her grandparents and father, clearly by her choice of friends. Did I also mention she is stupid hot?

*****

Winter

"Good morning sweetheart," My grandfather said to me walking into the kitchen.