02: Terms & Conditions

ACT I

As skeptical as you were, intrigued you were. A life as mundane as you had now. You were bored. Out of curiosity, you asked about the demon world,

"So... the school is in hell or... here?"

To which the man called Sullivan replied, "The other side." with a smile

"Okay... so if I go with you, what are my conditions for my contract?", the man pondered a bit... he then replied,

"We will follow the basic work ethics of the human world, you will receive your salary, an id will be forged for you along with protection for your freedom and well being,"

"Of course, you will add some of your conditions as well. I'll give you time to think about it," he assured you.

"But what about here, won't people be worried that I've been gone for so long?" you voiced your concern. The demon replied that the order of the world will change to accommodate you,as long as you're in the demon realm, everyone will think that you have gone abroad or they might forget about you, until you return.

With a nod, you continue to ask about how things work there and, surprisingly, it's very similar to your world. You finally ask the main question; how will you survive if you can't use mana!? With a wide grin, the demon named Sullivan tells you not to worry. In fact, he had prepared an artifact just for you.

"Come, we shall discuss more at my manor" before you could say anything, he'd nonchalantly snapped his fingers and suddenly your surroundings changed.

Staring in disbelief, you do not know what to say, how the mansion looks like a haunted house or complains about how inconsiderate his early actions were.

(the moons look pretty lit)

"Welcome back" greeted a bright redhead, proceeding to take the shady demon's coat. Sullivan introduced you as the new student teacher, and the redhead replied with a bow,

"Greetings! my name is Opera" you bow back, "I'm y/n l/n."

With an enthusiastic clap, the shady demon introduced himself again. "I'm Lord Sullivan, the owner of this mansion and one of the Three Heros. " You were curious about what he meant by "Three Heros" but that would have to wait.

ACT II

The doors swung open so quick that you're sure if it didn't come to a stop, it would have flown out of its hinges. The roof seemed so out of reach that you unconsciously raised your hand to reach for it.

Lord Sullivan walked in the direction of a distant sound. He came to a halt where a young boy was watching tv.

"Grandpa! you're back!" the young boy exclaimed in excitement. You watched the dignified demon return to his egg state, hugging the boy. Clearly you can see hearts and stars floating from their encounter, you simply blink repeatedly.

"Opera, see to the preparation of the room that y/n-chan will be staying in.," "Yes, Sullivan-sama.," the cat-like demon bowed and disappeared.

"Grandpa, who is that?" the young boy asked, to which his grandpa replied, "This is y/n and she will be living here with us. She is also a human like you.,"

The boy's face lit up so brightly that it reminded you of a lighthouse. With a bright smile he introduced himself, "I'm Iruma" he bowed "I'm very happy to meet you" you bowed as well "likewise to be acquainted".

Opera returns informing you that your room is ready. You follow the peculiar redhead along with Iruma and the fancy egg demon. Once you reach the room, Opera inquired about your luggage, to which you reply that you had no time to pack, causing him to give the Lord of the mansion a lecture. You watch the spectacle with Lord Sullivan hiding behind his grandson, while Iruma is caught in the crossfire. Slowly your eyes follow to the window next to you, thinking about how you will continue during the days ahead.