Wait. 

My fingers froze just above the screen, word I was typping left unwritten. 

That's right. 

I let my hands fall limply to my lap, making no effort to stop phone from slipping from my grip.

Emma won't read these, never again ...

That thought left me strangely numb. It was so natural to text Emma to talk with her about anything, she was the first person I chat when I did something stupid and we'd both laugh at it. But not anymore. I sat there blankly staring ahead for what felt like hours but couldn't be more then several minutes. Then I snapped back to reality when something soft rubbed against my side. Surprised I looked down to see Kit-kat rubbing to me. With sad smile I started petting her causing her to make small purring noises, pressing more against my hand. Chuckle that escaped me was still sad but not so much.

"Thanks, Kit."

While still petting her I swallowed one aspirin and reached for my phone again. Closing chat as fast as I could and checked my notifications instead. I haven't expected much but to my surprise I found several missed calls, all from just 2 numbers. I knew neither of them and while I usually don't call unknown numbers these two both called multiple times so it might be important. With deep breath I dialed the first one.

"Please don't be another bad news. Please."

I begged silently. Kit-kat moved from my side to my lap and gently dug her claws in my thights whenever I stopped petting her. I was thankful for it, her soft fur keeping unhappy thoughts at bay. Once again I smiled at how familiar she was to her owner. Ran was a walking disaster 90% of time but he was always there when I needed him ... well unless he was in jail and that happened a lot. 

"Hallo?"

I jerked a little, I'd completely forgot that I'm still calling.

"Oh uh, hi."

"Eh ... who I'm talking with?"

Oh right. I haven't introduce myself.

"Ehm I'm (y/n), (y/n) Haitani ... I had a missed call from you so -"

"Oh! Of course!"

I haven't finished be it seemed like the other person recognized me.

"Wait moment I'll get them!"

Ok now I was just confused.

"Wait, get who-?"

There was just silence, they probably went to get whoever they were talking about. Ehhh guess I'll just wait then? Few minutes passed and I kinda zoned out, lost in thoughts but soon some noise caught my attention. I couldn't make out much but it seemed like several people were discussing something, all to far from phone for me to make out exact words. Then one practicual voice echoes above others.

"Princess?"

I knew that unsure worry laced voice. 

"Ran?"

It was hard to believe it was actually him. After all that happened yesterday. How it could only be yesterday? I was so happy to hear him. 

"Princess! Are you alright?"

I let out a humorless chuckle. 

"No."

There was shifting on other side and soon another voice joined in.

"(y/n)?"

My breath hitched a little when I heard Rindo.

"(y/n) ... we're - we're so sorry."