Starlight in Her Eyes

"Earth is so beautiful, Zed." A-dison sighed. "So colorful and bright. But your people are the most interesting." She continued to muse. "All of you are unique and...quirky."

That made Zed laugh, the sound contagious to the alien as her lips curled up into a smile. "You might find that you and your friends have some pretty interesting differences once you branch out a little bit." He countered, tapping the tip of her nose playfully.

A-dison's cheeks flared pink but she was quick to turn away in an attempt to hide it. She wasn't quick enough for Zed not to notice. His smile widened before he gently tugged A-dison along by the hand.

"Come on! I'll buy you a froyo! I think you'll really like it." He offered, graciously not mentioning the alien's blush. She smiled and hurried to fall in step with him.

He had let go of her wrist, the two walking in awkward silence. A-dison nervously wringing her hands in front of her. She hated this feeling, especially when it came to him. She wished she hadn't gotten embarrassed just then. She hoped he didn't regret doing it. Because she really liked when he flirted.

Now that she understood what 'flirting' was.

The conversations she'd been having with Bree, 'girl talks' as she kept being told, have been very enlightening. She discovered the flutter of space moths in her stomach, or when her palms were sweaty, when she was around Zed meant she liked him. Bree almost confused it with space flu but quickly changed her tune the more A-dison talked about Zed.

She was so scared she was ruining things and decided to just blurt it out.

"Zed, I—"
"A-dison, listen—"

Both of them were cut off by the other, neither realizing they'd both been silently worrying over the same things. But the moment broke their silence, and lightened the mood, making them laugh.

"Go ahead, Addy," Zed gave her the floor first, ever the gentleman. A-dison's smile faded as she took a deep breath then exhaled sharply as she spoke.

"I am sorry, Zed!" She nearly shouted, startling the man. "I do not mean to make things uncomfortable between us! I am just new to the customs of courtship," Zed's face flushed from her bluntness and only got redder as she continued, "and get flustered when you make your advances and my heart starts to pound and I cannot speak properly or sometimes control my actions!" She rambled in her panic.

Then she paused to take a deep breath and try to settle down. "But I do not want you to stop." She admitted softly. Zed sucked in a sharp breath of air. "I very much enjoy the warmth that fills my chest when we spend time together. And how bouncy I feel when you hold my hand."

Zed let out the breath he hadn't realized he was holding as a smile tugged his lips. Her confession was so heartfelt and sincere. She was pouring her heart out to him. Her smile mirrored his as she finished. "I really really like you, Zed," she breathed, "I hope you like me, too."

A chuckle bubbled up from his chest, her face seeming to falter for a second before he replied. "Addy, I've loved you from the moment I saw you on the Mothership."

A-dison's throat constructed with moisture welling up in her eyes. His own confession triggering a realization that she'd loved him all along. From the moment their eyes met. Even with the emotion suppressor, she loved him at first sight. And he loved her, too.

Zed could see the tears forming and his smile shifted to a frown of hurt and concern. "I'm sorry, A-dison. I shouldn't have said that out loud." He apologized quietly.

A-dison lunged forward the next instant, hugging tightly around his torso as though he would disappear if she didn't keep a firm grip on him. "I love you, Zed. I love you." She cried into his shirt. He was stunned for a moment but quickly wrapped his arms around her for comfort, a loving smile returning to his lips.