🥀 Gift 🥀

~ Faint Christmas Music ~

"AL?" A familiar voice called from behind the two, "Hey guys! Smile's is back!"

Stella chuckled lightly, brushing her hair off to the side as she was gently placed back onto the ground. She looked up into Alastor's eyes, finding comfort in his gaze.
" Now," she began, "Go meet the others."

Alastor nodded, looking back at her as he ventured into the hotel with the briefcase in his hand.
Stella took a step forward in his direction, glancing back up at the hotel one last time before she followed him inside.

As she closed the door with her wing, she saw Alastor being surrounded by everyone as they talked to him, questioning his disappearance. He even began to show the others his briefcase, holding it out for everyone to see, which made Stella smile and feel genuinely happy inside.

"So," Angel began, "Why where ya gone?" His line of sight redirected to Stella, "She was worried sick ya know?"

Alastor nodded, "I know, she told me."

"So where were ya for so long?" Angel protested again, his tone direct and blunt as he leaned towards Alastor.

The Radio Demon held out his arm as if it would halt Angel's sudden bursts of speech. He cleared his throat as he began to talk along with physical gestures of his hands, "I've heard someone enjoys the winter weather. So, I took it upon myself to... pull a few strings here and there."

"What do you mean?" Stella asked, her interest being brought along as she walked up to him curiously.

He glanced back at her, "Tell me," he began as he made his way to the door once more, bringing everyone along with his stride, "What is this holiday season without snow?"

He opened the door, and everyone gasped.
Before their very eyes, small white glimmering flakes of snow began to fall effortlessly from the sky. One by one, hitting the surface of the cold bare floor only to coat it with its colour.

Everyone suddenly ran to grab their winter apparel with the sudden urge to investigate. One by one, they left to stand outside in the snow- all but Stella who remained beside Alastor.

"This," she began to speak, though she was too stunned to believe what she saw. She felt her heart and wings beat a but faster due to the excitement she sensed building up. "You did this?"

Alastor looked down at her, giving her a smile she couldn't see, "Do you like it?"

"I love it!" She confessed as she continued to watch the snowflakes fall amongst everyone who stood outside. Her sight then travelled back to Alastor, who too was silently watching admits the rising chatter and cheers.
A sudden feeling came upon Stella as she noticed he was standing right beside her.
If I rested my head on your shoulder, would you not mind?

Her head slowly tilted, resting upon his shoulder as her eyelashes gently touched her cheek. To her surprise, he didn't flinch nor did he move. He simply let her be.
He's back, and she couldn't be more grateful,

"Thank you," she spoke after a moment of silence, "Thank you for coming back."

Alastor turned his head to face her once more. He didn't know how to respond since he felt he was flattered.
She really does care,
"You know I'd always come back?" He responded after some quiet consideration.
To you...

"I want to thank you, as well,"

"For what?" Stella asked with her eyes still gently shut, "The microphone?"

" Not just that," he chuckled, shaking his head as he grinned a bit more, suddenly feeling his throat clench as the words he wanted to express began to tangle within his thoughts, " The microphone is great and all, but..."
He paused, "You are the greatest gift I could receive."

Stella froze, opening her eyes to look up at Alastor in shock. A sudden feeling of déjà vu swallowed her whole, prohibiting her ability to respond.

"It's true," Alastor continued in a soft tone, " I couldn't be more happier,"

Stella, baffled more than ever continued to look at him.
How does he know?!

"Really?" She asked him finally after pondering to herself for a moment, "Me?"

Alastor nodded.

Stella smiled, her wings arching upwards to form a heart-like shape as they fluttered lightly back and forth, moving nearby snowflakes along with the breeze she made.
She is in love

"Heya you two!" Angel suddenly called out to them as he and the rest of the group came along with him, "We were thinking of watching some film before we head off to bed. Wanna join?"

"Ooooooo a picture show!?" Stella asked curiously as her hands clasped together and her wings fluttered even more.  She's never seen a movie in colour before, so to her, she believed this experience would be thrilling!

Angel simply shrugged, "Eh, Charlie has a shit ton'a Christmas movies. We'll just pick one and stick with it."

"Alright," she replied as calmly as she could, but everyone could sense the excitement within her.
She glanced up at Alastor who nodded slowly in response to the spider's activity proposal, "Then let's go on in. The weather is getting rather chilly."