Chapter 57 - Eyes And Ears

Start from the beginning

The buzzing of a phone caused Wanda to groan loudly, she had already locked her legs around Keira's waist to keep her in place. Her head fell back against the pillow with a deep sigh. "Let me guess, you need to get that?"

Pecking Wanda's lips, Keira fished up her phone from her back pocket without changing their positions, her forehead resting against Wanda's. She had recognized the vibration pattern and knew it was news-related. "I'm sorry." She apologized, only getting a grumble in response. But as her eyes quickly scanned the screen, her lazy smile faded away.

Wanda instantly unhooked her legs and propped herself up against the headboard. "What's up?"

"Captain America, the Falcon, and the Winter Soldier are in custody. And apparently, so is T'Challa, the new king of Wakanda." Keira breathed, a concerned crease between her eyebrows. Pressing her lips together, she swore under her breath. "What once was a little messy is now even messier."  She sighed, crossing her legs and pulling the laptop towards her.

So, now almost everyone who didn't sign the Accords would be placed under arrest. Just her luck.

Wanda couldn't help but chuckle, despite the dire situation. "Only you would find the timing to quote movies at a time like this."

Keira shrugged. "What can I say? I'm comedic at the best of times." She mumbled distractedly, barely even hearing Wanda as she tapped away on the keyboard.

What she really needed was to get eyes on what was happening. The news report had mentioned the JCTC building in Berlin, so that would probably be the place of custody.

"What are you doing?" Wanda asked, not understanding all the random letters and numbers on the screen while Keira typed away.

"I am trying to hack into the security footage of the JCTC building so I can get eyes, and hopefully ears, on what is happening." Keira replied simply, not averting her eyes from her laptop.

"Are you crazy? You're not supposed to get involved! That will for sure count as a criminal act." Wanda cried out in shock.

"They won't even know I'm there." Keira muttered. "With a little bit of luck, that is." She added under her breath, earning a death glare from the brunette.

But Wanda knew it was useless to argue.

The mutant was too stubborn once she had set her mind to something. So, instead, Wanda scooted over and placed her hands on the blonde's shoulders. Massaging them gently, she could feel how tense the mutant was. "You need to relax." She sighed, resting her forehead against Keira's back for a moment.

"I can do that once I'm done getting my team out of this alive and without a federal charge." It would be difficult to get into the cameras without tripping some sort of firewall or alarm, especially since her hacking skills were a bit rusty.

In concentration, Keira chewed on the inside of her cheek, something she normally ever did when she was stressed out.

Wanda didn't answer but merely continued to massage the blonde's shoulders and back, dragging some painful moans from her lips as she hit a particularly sore spot. She felt Keira trying to relax into her touch, but the mutant's muscles stubbornly refused to loosen, staying corded and tough.

"And... Just like that, we're in!" Keira's face lit up as a camera feed took over the laptop's screen. It took a couple of seconds before the broadcast stabilized but as soon as it did, she raised her fist in victory. "Hah, and Natasha is always complaining about my hacking skills!"

Squinting her eyes slightly, she tapped the volume button but no sound came out of the speakers. "Okay, I spoke too soon. I got eyes but no ears." She muttered, throwing a glare over her shoulder at the chuckling brunette. "It's not funny."