Chapter 2 - Destination - Manzil

Chapter 2

''Mazil ki khwaish me faramosh kar diya  dil nadan ko hamne,

''Ye ilm hi na raha ki bina hamsafalr ke mazile naseeb nahi hoti''

As Aakash promised, at exactly 1 o'clock they were seated in their chopper. It was the longest journey for Arnav. He was still not fully in his senses. When he was a little calmed down he recalled the past. 

Khushi & he came bruised at home & narrated the whole story of Shyam's betrayal to their family. Shyam was handed over to the police. Anjali was silent & lastly went to her room stating that she wanted to spend some time alone.

The family attended to them tenderly & lastly Nani asked them to take some rest, as there was a long battle they have to fight in the coming days. It was not the end but just a turning point. Arnav was too tense for his Di. Khushi soothed him with her kind words. She kissed him on his forehead & awkwardness dissolved with that kiss & they both melted in each other's arms.

The next day in the evening Arnav went to meet her sister in her room. Both siblings were alone. Anjali shared her turmoil with Arnav. Chhote do you believe Shyam can kidnap you? I am not able to digest this news.
Di it's true. NK & Khushi told you everything.

But Chhote, We have known Shyamji for the last 4 years. He loves all of us like his own family. You never doubted him in these years. How can you dought him now? Just because Khushi told you.

Di why Khushi will lie.

Maybe she is a gold digger. You always told us that we should not indulge with her. She only wants money.

Arnav was taken aback. Yes, it was true. He always insulted Khushi. But those were mere words.

Di she is my wife. I know she is not like that. She saved me by risking her life. NK is our cousin. At least you should believe him.

Chhote, NK is very immature. Khushi must have manipulated him. You know He fancies Khushi. So he can be easily manipulated by Khushi.

Di what are you saying? Shyam is not a person you think. He made fool of us.

I know only one thing. Everyone should be given a fair chance. Let them prove their innocence. If Shyamji can't live in the Shanti Niwas, Khushi should also not live here. Let her prove her innocence. Then she can come back. I am not asking much. First, she got married to you without our consent & now she is blaming Shyamji.

Arnav was silent for a few minutes. His own mistakes were biting him back. His one wrong decision was hanging like a sword on their head. His sister was not ready to accept the truth. He should have disclosed the truth as soon as he came to know. But he was too protective of his sister. Now he was feeling helpless. He was not sure what to do, How to convince her.

To Keep in mind her sister's pregnancy & complications he responded after a while - OK Di, I will ask Khushi to go to Laxminagar for a few days.

I know my Chhote will listen to me. Now we both are together. We will take care of each other in the same way as we took care of each other after mamma & dad.

Yes Di, we will take care of each other. But I just wanted to say that when Khushi will prove her innocence you will go herself & apologize to her.

Anjali nodded her head meekly. She was praying to God that Arnav's faith in Khushi will turn out to be wrong. She didn't want her marriage to fall apart like a house of cards.
Unfortunately, Khushi was standing outside Anjali's room. She came to serve tea to the sibling. She overheard the conversation. When Arnav agreed with Anjali to send her back to Laxmi Nagar, the ground beneath her feet slipped. Till a few minutes ago he was showering love on her. Within a few minutes, he changed as if it was all a game for him. He just saw tears in his sister's eyes & he forget every pain she went through. As soon as Arnav agreed with her sister Khushi went away.