Chapter Thirty-Two: Bucket List

Start from the beginning

My best friend puts his hands on my shoulders, "Honey, that's what love feels like."

I squeal, grinning, with a hand over my heart. He chuckles gently.

"And it's in such a good way!" I continue, now spilling the truth, "And it's safe. I don't know how else to describe it..maybe a word that starts with L. But I'm not going to say it first, I don't wanna rush him into it, I know how he feels about that word. He just..feels so safe to me, but it's me that I'm scared of. If that makes sense?"

Carlos offers a sad smile, "Why?"

I sigh, "I hate who I am when I'm in a relationship. I get super clingy, and over the stop, and need reassurance, and I go above and beyond so they don't leave me, but the minute something goes wrong, they always leave."

"You have trauma from your family, that's not something that ever truly goes away. But it's been brought into relationships, because you've never been with someone who doesn't make you feel like you have to be like that. They've always just left, and never comforted you, or given you proper reassurance, when those are all normal needs in a relationship. Not to mention, you're so grown up now. Both of you are. The way you and Ricky met, was because you were both putting yourselves first, trying to sabotage a relationship to get back what you wanted. But with each other, you're putting each other first." He grins.

I nod along, smiling, "You think so?"

"I know so," Carlos assures, and then his phone begins to ring. He pulls the device out of his pocket, then smiles at the screen.

"It's Seb!" He beams, standing up, "We tried to talk last night, but the reception on his end was horrible."

"Farm life." I jest, and we laugh.

When Carlos opened the door to leave, he peeked his head out before looking back at me, "Someone's approaching from the Yurt." He teasingly informs, before walking out.

Soon enough, Ricky walked in; his smile grew upon meeting mine. "Anna," He greets.

"Your timing is impeccable, Kristoff." I grin.

We share a gentle laugh, as he takes a seat next to me.

"I was just thinking," Ricky starts, tone teasing, "You never showed me what's on that bucket list."

"Hm," I hum in realization, then pick up my phone from under my seat, next to my water bottle, "If I can even find it."

I look up from the screen, furrowing my brows as I meet his amused gaze, "Why do you even care, Bowen?" I tease.

He shrugs, crossing his arms, "I'm just curious, Sweeney."

I playfully roll my eyes, then begin scrolling. Shock crosses my face, "We talk a lot. And I'm literally on the picture section."

We share a gentle laugh, then I click on the photo of the list when I finally find it, now nervously grinning, "I found it. It's so stupid, and only has three on there."

"Let me see!" He insists.

"Okay," I sigh, "One, get serenaded."

He nods along, "Of course."

I smile, "That one is because of Camp Rock, Introducing Me."

"Hm," He hums, nodding, "We watched that sequel after the first movie, during the first movie night." He recalls.

I nod, "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam', great movie, odd name. It sounds like everybody dies at the end."

He bursts out laughing, shaking his head, "It really does."