Chapter Thirty-Two: Bucket List

Начните с самого начала

"Wanna go next?" Damian suggests, looking at Ricky.

Ricky nods, going up to the front of the room, "Kristoff is really stuck in his own ways. He had little to no human contact, and thought it was best to stay that way. He wanted nothing to change, and then he meets Anna, a girl who wants her entire world to change." He huffs a laugh, looking at me. I smile, eyes soft.

Ricky continues, "She ends up changing him for the better, and gives him a much-needed reality check. But, I think he was cold towards her at the beginning, because fighting was the only way they could bond. After all, they're so different, despite what they have in common. I don't know, but she definitely knows more about love than he does."

I smile wide, nodding in agreement, before applauding, which caused everyone else to applaud.

************************
After a full day of rehearsing, everyone started to leave The Barn as the sun was setting, but Carlos and I stayed in our seats and ran the final scene. We shared the script, holding it between the two of us.

I sigh, "I'm scared I'm gonna blow the finale number's note. What if my voice cracks? Let it Go." I fake a horrible voice crack at the end, and we laugh.

Carlos shakes his head dismissively, "Honey, that's why we have the ensemble, just mouth while they're singing!" He playfully instructs.

I chuckle gently, nodding, "That's actually a really good idea."

"See!" We laugh.

"Speaking of ensemble," I start, closing the script, "Jarred still hasn't given up."

"Says who?" He grins, playfully.

I huff a laugh, "His loud-ass cheering every time you speak."

Carlos sighs, putting his arm around me, "Blanche, why are we so irresistible, that everybody must fall in love with us?"

I let out a sigh myself, resting my head on his shoulder, "I wish I knew. I'd ask us to tone it down." We laugh.

I gasp as realization dawns on me, pulling away, "He's Sharpay to you and Seb. Remember how she wanted Troy all to herself?!"

Carlos laughs, shaking his head in shame, "If he's our Sharpay, Jet's yours."

"I don't have a relationship for him to be jealous of!"

He raises his brows and crosses his arms in a challenging manner, "Oh, so there's nobody unexpected that you fell for like Anna? It seemed pretty real when you said it earlier."

I playfully wave it off, "I'm a great actress! You know what I've been thinking about recently?"

"What?" Curiously.

"I don't think I know what my love language is," I admit, puzzled, "Like, yours are gifts and quality time."

"And yours is squeezing shoulders." He teases, squeezing my shoulder to demonstrate.

We laugh, while realization dawns on me, "Wait, I do that.."

"I love it." He assures.

I playfully shake my head, continuing, "Relationship-wise, I have never been shown any of that love language stuff. Except...Ricky's been showing me it lately."

Carlos claps in excitement, grinning, "I've noticed!"

I smile, nodding, "Like, I melted when he got my favorite snacks and saved me a seat. And he's always saying the best things to me. I've never felt like this before, it's different, I don't know."

"How so?" Carlos pressed.

"Sometimes, when he just looks at me, I almost pass out." I blurt, giving Carlos the truth he wanted.