𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲

Start from the beginning

steve threw her phone down, setting her attention back onto the movie she was watching. she honestly didn't even know what the movie was about, clicking on it at random. her eyebrows furrowed as she continued to watch in confusion, nothing clicking in her brain. she would change it to something else, but she was too lazy to search for another one. so she just sat there, confused on whatever she was watching. her phone then started to ring, making the carpenter girl pick it up to see who it was. she saw peter's contact picture on her screen, her eyebrows furrowing. donnie told her that peter had detention for the whole day. she pressed green button on her screen before she brought it up to her ear.

"aren't you suppose to be in detention? how are you calling me right now?" she quizzed, eyes going back to her laptop screen.

"well, good morning to you too, stevie." peter commented sarcastically, making stevie roll her eyes. "uh, what are you doing right now?"

"wallowing in self pity as i watch a very confusing movie." stevie answered.

"okay, so remember the a.i. that's in my suit?" peter questioned.

"sure."

"well, i asked karen to track down one of the guys that we saw at the bridge. specifically, the buyer.  his name is aaron davis and karen told me that he's currently parking his car." peter explained quickly, making stevie assume that karen was the a.i.  "i was gonna go talk to him, try to get something out of him. do you wanna come?"

"yeah, sure. where am i meeting you?" stevie asked, sitting up from her bed.

peter told her where to meet him at, the both of them hanging up. stevie didn't ask how peter had gotten out of detention, coming to the conclusion that he probably snuck out or something. she went over to the corner of her room where her suit was hidden, pressing down on the floorboards. this made it pop up, the curly haired girl bending down to retrieve her suit. she placed the floorboard back in it's place before she stripped of her clothing. she then pulled her suit on, quickly placing her hair into two braids before she put her mask on. she then stuffed her phone into the pocket that she had for it. with that, she jumped out her window, shooting a web out.

it only took her a few minutes to get to the location, the spiderling landing on top of a parking garage next to peter. she crouched down, looking at her friend that was cladded in his red and blue suit. "should i ask how you got out of detention, or. . ?"

"that's not important right now." peter told her, the black around his lenses closing as he shook his head. they then snapped back open as he looked at her. "karen apparently has this advanced interrogation protocol thing, so i'm gonna use that. what are you gonna do?"

"go with the flow, i guess." stevie shrugged.

"go with the flow?" peter repeated, looking at the curly haired girl with a bored look.

"look, i don't have cool a.i. or an advanced interrogation mode, okay?" stevie defended, making peter raise his hands in surrender.

"okay, my bad. we should probably find out where he is." peter said. "alright, droney, find aaron davis."

a second later, the spider on the front of peter's suit popped out and started hovering in mid-air. stevie smiled slightly when it let out a little squeak, turning to look at her. then it flew around her head before it went to go do what peter had told it to do. stevie couldn't help but laugh at it's cuteness, wishing she had a little drone.

"i think he likes you better than me." peter mumbled. "okay, he found him. let's roll!"

without saying another word, peter jumped off the top of the parking garage, telling karen to activate advance interrogation mode. stevie rolled her eyes at the boy as she stood up. she then stepped off the garage, falling towards the ground. she quickly followed peter, the both of them shooting webs out to attach to one of the garage levels before they pulled themselves through the little space. stevie spots droney hovering over a man's shoulder, stevie realizing that he was the man from that night on the bridge. the man, aaron davis, hadn't noticed droney, opening up his trunk to place his groceries in. peter quickly shot his hand out, a web shooting out and sticking aaron's hand to the car.