"I-I've been meaning to tell you something." He sighs. "It's just, being broken up, it's really hard."

The girl looks at him to continue. He was right, being broken up was pretty hard. She missed the times when they would spend almost every moment together.

Right then a crackling sound comes from Mike's walkie-talkie. Both of them notice, but Mike decides to ignore it.

"And..." He continues. " I like that you, El and Max are all friends now. It's just, I was and angry. And thats why I said all that stupid stuff. And it's like I wanted you all to myself. And now I realize how unfair that is. And selfish. And, like.
I'm sorry. I just, I've never felt like this, with anyone before. and you know, they do say
it makes you crazy."

"What makes you crazy?" Alex acts confused when she knew exactly what he meant.

"You never heard that term? You know, like 'blank makes you crazy', like the word?"

"Girlfriends?" She tries holding back her laugh.

"No, no, no, not girlfriend's."

"Oh, so boyfriends." She smiles.

"No! No, not boyfriends either." Mike stammers. "It's like a feeling, like, old people say it to each other sometimes."

"Old people?" Alex tilts her head. God he was really bad at admitting his love.

"Yeah." Mike says and then takes a deep breath. "What I wanna say is... that I just, you know I-"

Just as he was about to admit his feelings, another few crackles come from his intercom interrupting him once again. They take a moment to listen and realize it is Dustin. However, what he was saying was not clear at all. "I repeat, this is a code red!" Was the only thing they understood.

"Dustin?" Mike takes the intercom in his hands scooting over to Alex.

"Mike?" He speaks.

"Dustin!" Mike shouts in disbelief.

"Mike!" The boy says once again and starts talking but it was not clear enough for them to understand.

"Dustin, you're going way to fast." Mike interrupts.

"We can't hear you." Alex adds.

The boy speaks again. The only thing they understood was "they're using— to open— gate."

"Dustin, you're breaking up." Mike slowly speaks.

Dustin tries talking again and again, but nothing.

"Dustin you're cutting out." Alex stops him, annoyed by all those crackles. "Dustin!"

"Alex!"

"What is it?" Nancy then appears from the end of the isle.

"It's Dustin." Alex faces her. "We can't understand him."

They then stay quiet for a few moments as the rest now gather around Mike and Alex.