Part 8 || Dreams.

Start from the beginning

- - -

"Then, March, please eat this." Hayase said, giving march food that looked like a black jello cube. March took one bite of it and cringed. "What is this? It tastes weird." March stated. "The girls who become sacrifices all eat this. Do eat all of it. Speaking of which, March..." Hayase started. "Who were those people you were with?" Hayase asked, talking about you and Fushi. "They seemed to be neither of the Yanome or the Ninanna." "...Travelers. We passed by coincidence." March said. "D-don't lie to us!" the guard shouted.

"Hayase! That was the THING we saw! It's some other-wordly monster!" The guards said, scared. "What?" Hayase asked. March continued to eat her food. "T-There you are!" a guard shouted from on top of the cliff. "Guys!" "Hey, why aren't you standing guard?" Hayase asked, putting one hand on her hip. "We got attacked and lost one man! This way is too dangerous! "It was a bear!" The guard said fastly. He put his hands on his head and continued, "It had spikes on its body... it was definitely the spirit bear!" he said clearly in distress.

"Hey, the spirit bear is just a legend. You sure it wasn't just a normal bear?" the guard behind Hayase asked. "THAT WASN'T JUST A NORMAL BEAR!" the guard on the cliff responded with. Hayase looked at the guard. "We have no other choice. We'll take a detour and head directly to the altar." Hayase said. "Are you serious?! Let's go back to the village!" a guard shouted in disagreement. March's eyelid started to feel heavy.

March won't grow up.

Hayase started to put the ink on March's face again.

March chose this herself.

March felt sleepy as Hayase continued to decorate her face with the ink.

"A great choice, March."

It's better this way.

They arrived at the altar. The guards cleaned up the remains of the last girl who was sacrificed on the altar. They then set flowers and fruit down onto the altar, then set a sleeping March down onto it. They tied her limbs down just incase she woke up. "She's sleeping properly. We're finished here." Hayase said. "Let's head back. This time around was tiring. We must also report to the Yanome that one of us died." They then heard rumbling in the forest. They turned their heads to the noise. "What's that sound?" a guard asked.

The big bear tore through the trees and walls. "That's...!" Hayase started, but stopped in her tracks. Parona rushed past Hayase. "MARCH!" Parona yelled. "Wh-- you!" the guard said. "Stop." Hayase said, stopping the guard from attacking Parona. "Isn't this fine? Now we'll have two sacrifices." Hayase said as the bear growled. The bear started to rush towards Parona. Parona tried to undo the knots in the rope that held March down. "It's hard!" Parona said, desperately.

"Wake up! March!!" Parona said, trying to get March awake. The bear was approaching. "You don't need to protect... these usless traditions!" she said, starting to cry. "It's fine if you yourself choose to grow up!" Parona said as the bear put his paw up, and slammed it, throwing Parona of the altar. "Let's go. Please close the gate." Hayase said, leaving. Then you and Fushi walked in. Hayase watched you both walk in, so did Parona. The spirit bear came over and bit Fushi's head. You watched the spirit bear in pure anger. "He was eaten..." the guard said.

"No... wait... he's... still... trying to do something..." the guard said again. Everyone was stunned. You walked towards the bear and started to try and grab Fushi out. The bear slammed you down, breaking all of your bones and ripping one of your legs off. You quickly regenerated you bones and leg as you tried to get Fushi out again. Everyone watched in shock. Fushi threw himself out of the bear's mouth and turned into his wolf form.

Then time stopped.

You looked around you. Everyone was frozen. Fushi was frozen. The bear was frozen. "I have gifted you with a new form." a voice said. You turned around. The black hooded man. Your face softened. "Try to change into it." then he disappeared. You didn't know how to change into anything, so you just calmed down and closed your eyes. You felt something happen. You felt yourself change. You were now a black wolf.

Time started again.

Everybody looked at you and Fushi, who had just became wolves. Fushi hopped on top of the bear, starting to bite its arm. The bear threw Fushi away, which made wounds open on his head, but he quickly healed. That made your anger bubble, and you jumped on the bear, latching your sharp teeth onto its ear. It growled in pain. Fushi jumped back on and the bear threw him at the wall. You were done tearing it's ear off and moved to its back. You were tearing chunks of its flesh off. Fushi ran up to the bear and bit its nose. He ripped a chunk of the bear's nose of, and he got thrown again. The bear tried to rip Fushi's flesh off but he quickly regenerated it.

The bear then took you and ripped your tail and head off. You swiftly regenerated it and charged at it again. "What...? Is this..." Hayase started. "The work of God?" Hayase asked. She looked at you both tearing the bear's flesh off, and she nervously smiles.

- - -

March's eyes opened. "March!" Parona shouted. "Big sis..." March slurred. March looked over and saw the big bear's body. "What happened...?" March asked. Hayase came over and teared March's ropes off. "Listen up. Just like that woman wants, I'll pretend that the ritual was a success and that March died." Hayase stated. "You know when this means, right?" Hayase asked. "Die here together, or come to our country and live. Make a choice." Hayase said, pointing her weapon at March and Parona. Parona grabbed March. "March! Let's go...! Let's live...!" she said, pulling March into a hug.

Hayase walked towards the guards, leaving. "We're going to take it back to the Yanome. All of it." Hayase said. "All...?" the guard asked. "The kid, the bear, and those two wolves too." Hayase said. "Wh-" The guard stuttered out when you and Fushi walked by him. Fushi walked over to March and Parona and sniffed them, while you sat down next to him. "What happened, doggies? Are you both hungry?" March asked, reaching down to pet you. "No, March! Don't get close! They're dangerous!" Parona scolded her. March threw fruits down to you and Fushi. You and Fushi ate your fruit as the others observed you. When you were done eating your fruit, you smiled.

Fushi then spoke. "ThhaAnk yOuu."