( chapter two ) ". . .everyone in the world will know."

Start from the beginning

"Like a dog with a bone?"

Thinking about it, Haley nodded. "Yeah, like that. Look, I appreciate the pep talk, but really. Nothing is going to happen."

Asteria looked at her daughter with sad eyes. She knows Haley has a crush on Damian. She knows Haley would love to advance those feelings, but for the last year, Haley has been questioning everything she does and who she involves herself with. Though, Asteria hoped for her daughter to find something to anchor herself on.

Asteria rest her hand on top of Haley's that was resting on the table. "Just. . . don't push him away when he tries to form a relationship with you."

Haley could only nod, silently promising her mother.

*

Haley walked into Gotham Academy like she did the other day. Except for this time, she was now partners with Damian Wayne. To her, it didn't mean a world of difference - it was just another school project with a fellow student. However, that's not how Evangeline saw it. She saw it as a threat.

As Haley went to her locker and began taking books in and out, Evangeline glared from afar. She stood at her locker with Phoebe right beside her. Phoebe was on her phone, scrolling through media, and minding her own business.

"Look at her," said a venomous Evangeline. "Thinking that she could do nothing wrong. Well, she did when partnered with my man."

Phoebe looked up and examined Haley. "But, Damian isn't your man." Evangeline gave the stink which made Phoebe rethink. "Yet."

Evangeline repositioned her eyes onto Haley. Haley closed her locker and began making her way to her first class. Evangeline kept her eyes on her. "Still cannot believe that she's here for one minute and she's already partners with Damian. I've been here for years, waiting for him to just look in my direction and know I'm the one."

She pushed herself off of her locker, walking to her first class as well. Phoebe followed her. "I just really wish that she would go away."

"Maybe we should humiliate her in a way so that she won't return."

"No. No, that won't work. Not for me. I want something permanent. Something that will one-hundred percent guarantee her not coming back."

*

Haley sat down in her English Literature class, again. Mondays and Tuesdays she had the same classes. She did what she did the other day and brought out her notebook and pencil as well as a pen. When she had everything, she relaxed in her chair. Haley's eyes landed on Damian as he walked into class. She offered him a small smile as he looked at her. He, too, offered a small smile before sitting down beside her.

The class went on like any other day; students dozing off, Mrs. Barnes doing her best to keep them interested, a few of the students were on their phones, and a few were paying attention. Haley was paying attention to what Mrs. Barnes was saying. Until she saw a note being set on her desk by Damian. Haley looked at Damian for a second to get a hint of why he was passing a note to her. He only looked from her to the note, telling her to read it. She looked down at the note and unfolded it to read it.

'You sounded scared on the phone last night. Why?' Haley looked back up at Damian before scribbling down an answer. She folded it back and then put it on Damian's desk. She looked forward, back at the front of the classroom, but she could see Damian reading the note in the corner of her eye. She then saw him write something down and, again, put the note on her desk. Haley looked down and read it.

'Who did you think I was?' She thought about whether or not she should tell him. A pro would be that she would have someone other than her mother to talk to about it. A con is that he won't believe her and make fun of her. However, that is very unlikely because who wouldn't believe someone when they say they're being stalked?