10

˗ˏˋ a confession 'ˎ˗

four weeks. everyday for the past four weeks, tighnari has been immensely taking care of the camellia plants he had bought for you. now, these plants had blossomed into beautiful flowers. it's petals were now bright pink and it's leaves were now large and vivid. they surely were now gorgeous and in the best shape to gift them to you.

he carried the nicely potted plant to the school and upon entering, he rushed to the garden, careful to not get spotted by any of his acquaintances who'd most likely question him about the flamboyant flowers. he took them to the garden and hid them in plain sight - the only way it would not be questioned by his fellow club members, who had really keen eyes for the multiple plants present.

after that, he removed his phone from his pocket to check the time: "7:39AM", he sighed, it was far too late for him to give you the present and confess his feelings for you, he'd just have to wait until after the classes were over so he'd have all the time in the world to properly tell you how he truly felt about you.

throughout the entire day, he kept losing focus. you had yet again, crowded his thoughts. he kept thinking over and over again of what he'd say to you - his words had to be just right, he wanted to convey his feelings for you but there were so many things he wanted to say, there was so much and he had no proper way of ever telling you.
all while you sat peacefully in another class, unbeknownst of what was soon going to happen.

13:51, all of tighnari and your classes were over now; he had no club meeting either today so he had the entire place to himself.

hesitantly, he walked out of the classroom where his last class was at and walked over to your locker — he knew you long enough to know that after the school day ended, you'd instantly go to your locker to collect your belongings while conversing with one of your friends.
upon looking at you, tighnari's heartbeats increased, he was so nervous — he had never done anything like this of the sort, he had no idea how to even give you the plant.

nonetheless, he came over to where you and keqing stood, taking deep breaths to calm himself down as well.

when you noticed the dark haired man approaching you, your lips curved into a smile as you greeted him. 'tighnari, hi! what's up?' tighnari seemed to calm down after hearing your voice and looking at you — you just had your ways to calm him down.

'would you accompany me to the garden? there's something i want to give to you,' he said. you turned to look at keqing, who immediately nodded as if giving you permission; you then looked back at tighnari who had been impatiently waiting for your response, 'sure, let's go,' you complied.
tighnari immediately started to feel nervous yet again, he really had to do it now, didn't he?

the entire walk was rather quiet — not the awkward kind, just you and him enjoying each others' company.

upon entering, your eyes scanned the entire place, there was nothing that seemed new or out of place until your eyes landed on the table at the far end of the room; on it was a white pot with brightly coloured flowers on it.

tighnari walked to said flowers with you following closely behind. he stopped at the empty table infront of you two which had nothing resting in it except for the potted plant.

'this is what i had wanted to give you,' he motioned to the vivid plants, 'they're camellias and everytime i gaze upon them, they remind me of you,' tighnari's heart was beating out of his chest, he was feeling anxious but he had to confess right here since this may be his only chance.

'this flowers, they symbolize love and admiration; they symbolize the feelings i have for you, they symbolize my love for you so what i'm trying to say is i love you, y/n, i really do,' tighnari managed to say, he glanced at you for the first since you both entered here as he'd been trying to avoid your gaze for the entirety of his confession. he noticed your expression: your eyes were widened, you were surprised to say the least.

tighnari was so sure that he ruined a really good friendship but he what he didn't know was that you felt had felt the same way. never in a million years did you think that tighnari would ever reciprocate the feelings you had for him but here he was now, confessing how much he loved you while you were too stunned to speak. this was unbelievable.

'-and it's completely fine if you don't reciprocate my feelings, just knowing that you were the first person i fell in love with is enough,' he finished. you glanced at the man infront of you, too shocked to say anything, you had no idea how you'd ever confess your love to him now. 'tighnari... i don't know what to say...' you trailed off yet your eyes were glanced to tighnari's face then to his lips, unsure of what to do next.

on impulse, you walked towards tighnari and gently placed your lips on his. tighnari was shocked at your action but he kissed you back; you both had been longing to do this. after you both had pulled apart, both of your faces were blushing a deep shade of crimson and neither of you managed to meet eachother's gaze.

'what was that for?' tighnari asked, 'well, that was just my way of saying that i love you too,' you said with a smile, finally looking at the dark haired man. your confession caused tighnari to blush even harder, he never believed that you'd like him back too.

after a few minutes of silence, tighnari finally asked you the question he never knew he'd ask: 'y/n since you reciprocate my feelings then would you allow me to be your boyfriend?' you couldn't believe this was happening. 'yes, a thousand times yes,' you smiled.

tighnari walked over to you, pushing a loose strand of hair from your face before kissing you once again. you two had finally confessed to eachother about your undying love for one another. after many sleepless nights spent by the both of you, pondering over whether the other would ever truly feel what they felt, neither of you ever expected this to end like this but now here you two were, forever bound by the love you both shared.

[ END ]