Chapter Twelve

Love can be really easy for some people. And for others it can be extremely hard, especially if they've never experienced it. Communication and honesty is always important.

ENJOY!

~

Chapter Twelve.

School was about to finish.

I finally sat up and let Josh and Violet distract me. They actually had me smiling, which I'd felt for a moment back there I was never gonna do again.

"Oh, babe, it hurts my heart seeing you like that," Violet sighed to me. "Seriously. I was so scared. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to wrap you up in my arms and hold you tight, and never let you go. If I could hold you safe, and protect you, and never let anything hurt you ever again, I would. If I had to sell my soul in exchange for your happiness, I would do it without hesitation."

"Same," Josh grinned at me.

"I'd kill Silas and Joel for you, if it would make you feel better," Violet insisted.

"I'd help," Josh added.

"They're such idiots, but Silas is by far the biggest idiot ever." Violet threw her arms in the air, exasperated. "All of this is entirely his fault. All of this could have been avoided if he just talked about his feelings, instead of hiding them. Stupid male."

"It's not his fault, it's mine," I sighed.

Violet and Josh shared a look with each other.

"This really isn't your fault, Ryan," Josh said to me, serious all of a sudden. "I hope you know that."

I shook my head. "It is, though. I knew what I was doing, and I completely understand why Joel is upset about it. I just don't understand what I did to upset Silas so badly. I thought he was okay with everything. I'm so confused." I buried my face in my hands and sighed.

Violet stared at me for a moment, seeming to think something over, and then she said, "Oh, for heaven's sake. If he wont tell you, I will."

I peered at her through my fingers, confused. "Tell me what?"

"Silas likes you," she said plainly.

"What? No he doesn't," I scoffed, dropping my hands into my lap.

"He's liked you for years, Ryan. He loves the fact that he was your first kiss. Why do you think he offered?" She was talking to me like I was an idiot, which annoyed me.

I was flabbergasted. "He was just doing a nice thing for a friend. He was just helping me out, because I was nervous, that's all. You know that."

"Yes, he was trying to take your nerves away. But he wanted to be your first, because he wanted to kiss you. He never offered to do that for anyone else." Violet rolled her eyes, as if I was stupid.

I scowled at her. "Why are you being like this? We all know what Silas is like. He doesn't really like anyone. He just messes around. He's never serious about anyone."

"He's never serious about anyone else. He wont commit to any relationship, because he doesn't think it's fair to the other person while he still has feelings for you. That's why he has a playboy reputation, he doesn't actually sleep with everyone," she stated. I turned to Josh to back me up here.

"He does still sleep with some people though," Josh added.

"This is ridiculous. Tell her Josh. Silas isn't... he doesn't... just tell her."