SHOT 2

It's a new refreshing day but not in my office as everything is in hustle bustle as our new Boss going to take over the company today. Yea you heard it right, Pradeep Uncle's son is back from abroad and he is all ready to take over his father's role today. He is just back to town two days ago but wants to take in charge of the work as soon as possible so that Uncle can rest. It is decided that uncle still will be acting as a chairman for few more months before he hands over everything to his son. I heard Mr. Veer Khanna has setup his own business abroad which is running successfully and now he is ready to take over his ancestor business as well as he believes he have enough experience now to run this multinational company. Uncle did invite me to his house to meet his son which I politely declined as I do not want to disturb their father-son moments as they have met up after so long. Mr. Veer Khanna did visits Uncles few times in the past but each time due to circumstances we could not meet. So today I am official bound to meet him as my new boss.

Our team lead got call in his intercom asking all of us to gather in the conference room as the new Boss would like to meet all of us. He is meeting the team by their segment so some of our colleagues from other department has already met him and most of the girls has gone awe in his look, they keep on praising him. So now it will be the interior designing departments turn, by taking a deep breath I started to move towards the conference room together with others in my team. I somehow have these unsettled feelings in my heart that something unexpected going to happen. My team lead knocks the door and opens it and we all started to move inside the room. I can see Pradeep Uncle and his secretary is already seated there together with some new guy who does not look like Pradeep Uncle's son to me at least based on what all uncle has describe about his son before, and I have never seen this guy before, so I assume him to be my new boss's staff, perhaps his secretary. And there is another guy at the corner of the room, facing outside of the room through the window and was talking with someone on his phone, I could only see his back but by his dressing sense and the aura gets emitted from him, I can conclude he is my new boss. We all took our seat and uncle pass a small smile to me which I reciprocate, everyone in this office knows about mine and uncles' bond so we no need to hide anything. I can hear the person which I assume Mr. Veer Khanna discussing something about some deals on the phone, but his voice seems awfully familiar which increased my hearts beat to a rocket speed. The voice which I did not hear in the past 6 years, I hope this is not the person which I assume it to be.

After some time Mr. Veer Khanna conclude his call and turns to greet us, and there it goes, believe me my heart skipped multiple beats seeing him after six long years. Yes, it is Jai Sir, but how it can be him, perhaps this could be someone who has similar look as him, it is said there will be seven person looks alike in the world, so this could be someone like that. But to put full stops for all my stupid thoughts, he cleared this throat to bring me out from my laa laa land and introduce himself, "Hi All, it's nice to meet you all, I am JaiVeer Khanna, your new MD", and whatever he said after that never get registered in my mind. I am totally gone.

Jai POV:

It feels great to finally be back home. I have stayed in Ireland for the past six years where I went to do my postgraduate and then continue living there to establish my own business to gain some knowledge and experience before taking over my family business. So here I am now, back to my homeland, to my only family, my dad and to take over the responsibilities from him so that he can rest and enjoy his days after this. My mom passed away in an accident when I was seven years old since then Dad has been my sole family. He is a great dad anyone can ask for, he never even remarried as how our relations suggested and lived his entire life for me, so now it is my turn to take care of him.

Since I reach till now all I could hear from dad is about his friend. I do aware about this friend of dad which he always talks about, I just know it is some young girl as he never mentions her name or I never really take note on it. Believe me, I even feel jealous on how she can capture my dad's heart this much as he went to her praising mode all the time even during our calls over the years. He even told me on multiple occasions that he really wants to make her his daughter in law only if she agreed but unfortunately to him and fortunately to me that girl has been on one sided love with some scumbag for years now and not ready to involve in any other relationship. Well, it's good to me as I am not ready to commit with someone who I never really know about. I did have few girlfriends before but none of it really worked out as all of them is either behind my money, look or popularity. One thing I am glad about this dad's friend is at least she was here with dad when I am not around and never let him feel alone. I really need to thank her for that when I meet her.

A simple love story (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें