The Diamond Ring

Chapter 2

"Gimme that!" Bernie said. He snatched the book and rubbed it using his wrists.

"Hey! Gimme that!" Sarah yelled, trying to steal the book and make a run for it.

"Hey Guys! Stop, Stop!!!" I said, tring to get the two to get a long.

"It's mine yah little Mouse!"

"No, it's ours you stinky cheese! We borrowed it from the Library!"

"Hey! Not get off!"

Then finally, the two stop blabbering and bickering. You know, Sarah maybe a kid, but she can bite.But Bernie dodged it with all his Might.

"It's mine! See? My name's on it."

"Where?"

" Here, it's in Russian. By: Bernardo Krust." He pointed on the weird design. Umm, atleast I thought so...

"I thought it was a design." Sarah said, like she just discoved that the Sun is the center of the Solar system, not Earth.

"But what about my library card?" I asked. I felt disapointed.

Bernie went to his desk, took a paper and a pen, and wrote something very fast. So fast, the table is shaking.

Then finally, he gave me the paper.

"Here squirt, give this to Ms. Collete." He said

"Thank You Bernie?"I felt uneasy.

"You're welcome. Now go." He did the shoo-shoo hands on us

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I never knew he actually wrote a book." Sarah said, while we were walking in the locker room and then stopped by in my locker.

"I Know, right? It doesn'tsound Bernie at all!" i said, trying to act natural.

" I mean come on! First, he's a daredevil (which is kinda the reason why he has to pay for the damages he made in school).Second, he's a Gardener. And then he's a Writer ?! Come on!" Sarah reacted.

" Do you think that bernie has been there before?" i asked with excitement

"Where?"

" Fantasies, of course!" i looked at her, feeling excited.

"Could be! But maybe he just wrote it privately. Do you want him to go Loco again?"

"Well, nop."

"Then hold it girlfriend! We'll just tell him in the right time." she said quickly.

"Fine. But what if all of this Fantasies stuff ain't real? Does that mean I had to see a Psysic or Fortune teller?" i said, feeling bummed out. I really hate fortune tellers. They said there they're a phony. but last summer, mystic kiki, the Oakley Hill's unfamous fortune teller told me i'll rule the school and will be sucessful in my social life. But look at me now. Im being called Groundhog for the rest of the school year and I'm failing English.

"Psysics are weird and Fortune tellers are phonies." Sarah said in disgust.

"So now what?"

"We'll find a way." Sarah said, trying to make myself feel better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Class already ended and I felt relieve. But when I went to the lockers and pick up my math book and my science encyclopedia ( for homework and pop quiz. Harriet, the teacher's pet, just made a rumour that we'll have a pop quiz on science and it's going to be difficult.) i found a note taped in my locker. It's says"Mary Groundhogga. That's your name! KEEP DIGGING.- Clarissa"