𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ♛ 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐘'𝐒 𝐖𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇

Start from the beginning

          Slowly he lifts his bare finger to me and taps the spot just above my breast. My body sinks into his touch. He looks to my eyes again. His eyes are such a crystallizing blue.

          "Here." His voice comes out as a whisper. I look at his face. His eyes, his nose, his lips. I have never kissed another before, not on the lips. I've kissed my mother on her cheeks, but my lips have never touched with another. I find myself wanting to now more than I have in a long time.

          His eyes, too, look at my lips. From my lips to he eyes he looks, asking. I nod. I grant you permission. His finger moves from my breast to up my neck. He places his hand on the backside of my neck and pulls me closer to him. We are inches apart now. Just a few movements away from-

          His lips slam into mine. I'm not prepared for it, but I do not back away from it. I place my hand on his jaw that cuts with hunger for me. My lips press against his and his against mine. I push my body to his and he against mine. My other hand finds it's place on his other cheek. My fingers pull at his jaw. More I ask. More. I can feel the heat on his body.

          He pulls back just enough to speak. "Desmara, I cannot." He says in a rush of words. I look into his eyes. I know it is wrong for us to do, but the loneliness of the past months have grown and grown with every day.

          "I know." I say to him in sadness. He slides his hand from my neck to my cheek and brushes his thumb gently against my skin. I hold my hands to his face as he does mine.

          "Trust me when I say I wish for it, but I am in no position to do such a thing." I understand, although I don't want to. I nod and slowly pull my hands away from his face. His hand slips from my face.

          "My nightgown is on my bed, will you get it for me?" I ask of him. Without hesitation he turns and disappears, returning just a moment later with the light white nightgown. He hands it to me. I step out of the tub then step into the gown. He watches. When I am finished I turn my back to him.

          "Will you tie the strings?" I ask, brushing my hair to the side. He breaks the few steps between us and stands directly behind me. His hands gently pull the stings to tighten them, then he ties the bow. After he's finished he takes my hair and allows it to flow back down my back. I turn and face him.

          "I will see you tomorrow, Desmara." His whisper chills me. I nod at him. He turns and makes his way out of my chambers. It isn't until I hear the door close that I suck in a breath of air. My brain is finally starting to catch up with my actions. Our kiss, his touch. My heart pounds in my chest and I find it oddly difficult to breathe. I make my way to my bed and tuck myself under the blankets, as if they are some form of protection.

          When I close my eyes, all I can see is Leonard. I can only see him and what we had been doing. Perhaps that is the gods way of punishing me for acting like I did. Somehow, through the pictures of him I see so clearly, I fall into slumber.

* * *

          I DREAM THE same dream that I've been having for the past few nights- of Sermond and Daemon. Sermond is chained in the middle of the room and Daemon circles him like a predator. I am chained to the wall, unable to move or speak, I must just watch as my uncle torments him.

          The guards awake me as I told them to. I dress in my black riding gear and thread the pin in the spot I was told. It is the logo of house Targaryen- a red three headed dragon. I braid my hair into the three Rhaenyra and I have done for battle. One at the top, two at the sides. I tuck my dagger into my boot and sheath my sword into my belt.