Sudden Consciousness

SUDDEN CONSCIOUSNESS

Today a certain someone named Y/n, that's right, you. You aren't exactly in a good mood. The reason? Well, it's a bit complicated. It wasn't those normal situations that a human being would experience in their everyday life. Every other person would suggest something like a bad hair day. But that's not even a percent close. Swing moods in a particular woman's week? Not that either. The reason isn't petty or one of those you call ordinary or common occurrences.

Then possibly create a solution like getting over it and own it? No. You don't think you can do that either, not when the situation at hand is something that can't be disregarded at all. In fact, you're really terrified and anxious for yourself.

You knew you wouldn't be able to rest or sleep for the next few days or maybe...weeks or months if things went a tad bit too stressful and severe for you to handle. Knowing yourself, even the tiniest thing could stress you up, but since you're now a mature person, perhaps you can handle things a bit better now. By how? Of course, by trying to sleep it off.

Sleep, you love sleep even though you kept forgetting what it was far too many times. Even now, for a very stressful reason, you won't be able to sleep. You retract what you said, you couldn't handle it at all, and you felt like fainting. Stressed, anxious, terrified, confused and everything bad, you're feeling it all and now you're thinking, how could it be possible to feel this way? A human being would fold no matter how strong their mental health was.

But that doesn't mean to give up so easily, right? Trying to calm yourself down, you gingerly tried to think rationally against the pressure.

Either way, what could be the reason why you're feeling like this?

The reason why you're currently looking like a zombie dipped in an insomnia enforced pool is simple, actually not. Weighing how severe and impossible the current predicament is, it can't be classified as simple at all, but anyway.

What is happening is, you suddenly discovered that you're a character in a very popular cliche Otome game the game developers used to play Villainess and matchmaker at the same time. How did you discover that?

To be frank, you don't know either, or rather, you can't quite explain it either since you hadn't discovered the suitable reason for this anomaly. You're just pretty sure some voodoo stuff is happening, but that would be very unlikely because who would even take time to mess with you? Though once again, there might be a possibility since you're already experiencing something very out of usual. All you know was that you had an accident where you fell down the long flight of stairs to the mansion you live in. Which I tell you is not pleasant at all. Your head felt like it's been rendered to a milkshake for weeks. Turned to fine dust, a chalk.

It's a miracle you didn't die, seriously. Ah, talk about living through pain, living is worse in these times.

Then, all of the sudden, while resting at your bed with your broken ankle, memories went flashing in. No warning nor foreboding, it's all happening so fast and abruptly. Many things flowed into your brain. A head splitting feeling was all you felt at that moment. Flashbacks forced itself into your tired mind. Memories of the life the other 'Y/n' used to have. Memories of the damned Otome game this other Y/n had played years ago before her memories passed onto you after dying. In other words, you seem to have reincarnated and, after falling down the stairs, you suddenly remembered your past life.

And the sudden knowledge only leads to one thing.

Existential crisis.

'Seriously, what kind of fate did I get?' You started to contemplate what your life exactly is all about and why you're even born in the first place. Imagine living in a world where everything is predetermined and what's worse is that you found that you're not the main character of the world you're living in.