Pandora nodded, then remembered about her luggage. She followed him down the hallway until they reached the next flight of stairs. "Which floor and room should I be staying in?"

"Since the floors are assigned by which faculty you're in, the science faculty will be on the third floor. The second is for history and literature, after all," the Headmaster exclaimed as they walked up. Reaching the third floor, they travelled slightly further until they reached the other side. "That far left room should be yours. Oh, and I also administered much stronger barrier magic on your door for security reasons."

Pandora paused, glancing at the doorknob that had strong traces of magic. 

Hm, he's not lying –– this level of magic is so strong that I wouldn't be surprised if all Professors cannot fiddle with it. However...

"Is this on all the dorm rooms, Headmaster?"

"Hm? Nope. Just yours."

Pandora felt her eye twitch, and she stood up from crouching while looking at the spells on the doorknob. "If you had access to such magic, isn't it recommended that you should use it for all the rooms, and not just mine? I suppose cost isn't an issue, but gender."

Unlocking the door, she slipped through and turned around to where Dire Crowley stood, speechless. "Oh, I also just summoned another spell just in case. I'll see you later, Headmaster."

With that, she closed the door until there was a loud locking sound released from the doorknob.

Swivelling to check her room, Pandora studied the plain yet decent-sized room. To the left, there was another door that led to a shower and bathroom whereas to her right was a walk-in wardrobe. Questioning whether this was a Professor's luxury, she began organising the luggage left on the floor that she carried with her when she had first arrived at the academy.

She also could not help but recall her old home, a one-storey block she thought would encase happiness with her ex-boyfriend. Once warm and comforting, Pandora sighed heavily the moment she imagined how cold, isolated and lonely the entire home would be when she ever returned to it during the holidays. Her mind then stretched towards her own family –– their shadows and backs turned. Their faces blurred, her temples began to ache, and she slapped her hands together to stop thinking about them.

"Alright. Let's start cleaning."

Nonetheless, Pandora was the type to overthink. While she waved her wand to embed the wooden organisers onto the wall and the ornaments along with it, what stormed within her thoughts was whether she could truly adapt to the change in the working environment. Even though it was not her first time working for a prestigious academy, the timing of her employment and breakup still lingered. While she was rebuilding her bed frames, she heard another knock on the door.

Glimpsing at the window beside where the bed frames were, the sun was already beginning to set. Unable to notice due to her thoughts, she shoved her wand back into her pocket and made her way to the door.

Gaping the door open, her eyes met with the double-toned hair on the taller figure. None other than Divus with a complicated expression resting on his features, she furrowed her eyebrows and moved to give him more space. Adjusting her glasses, she widened the door. "What are you standing there for? Come in. There's a stool over there which is the only seat."

"It seems I've disturbed you from organising your room," he cleared his throat, awkwardly glancing around as if it was the first time he had entered a woman's room. Pandora continued to stare at him while she rested her bottom on the bed frame, eyes telling him to state his business, and he crossed his arms while thinking about the right words to say. "It really isn't much worth talking about, but..."