B-champagne problems

(y/n pov)

i sat with my back against the kitchen wall. scrolling through tiktok. when i came across a fan edit. it was of me, baylen and his new girlfriend sadie.

hold your hand while dancing

a clip of me and baylen dancing in a parking lot

never leave you standing

a clip of me and baylen laughing at mr khan's convenience store

crestfallen on the landing

baylen and sadie hugging

champagne problems

the three of us in the car, me sitting in the back not talking

your moms ring in your pocket

him giving me a ring from a claw machine

her picture in your wallet

baylen and sadie taking pictures with fans

you don't remember all my

me and baylen before prom

champagne problems

me, peej, sadie and baylen in walmart, sadie and baylen holding hands while i'm on my phone

sadie and baylen had been dating for two months now. me and baylen had been best friends since fifth grade. we went to prom together, i moved to florida with him, we were each others first kiss. but we were never more. we had both dated other people, kissed other people. and i had never been mad about his girlfriends. that's how it had to be, we were friends and that's all. but sadie bothered me. she didn't like me and right before baylen asked her out we had done something. we were baking together, no one was home. he kissed me, and told me he loved me. it wasn't rare that he told me that but then he kissed me again. he never kissed me. the last time was senior prom. all we did was kiss but it felt like enough.

"hey y/n" peej said as he walked into the kitchen. i stood up.

"hey pj" i looked down at his keys in his hand "where are you going?"

"i was going to ask if you wanted to go for a drive?"

"sure" we walked out the door and to the car. i sat in the passenger seat as he got in the drivers seat. "do you like sadie?" i asked as he backed out of the driveway.

"yeah she's fine, your better tho. why, do you not like her?" he looked over at me.

i looked out the window "i don't know, i don't think she likes me"

"that's stupid, who wouldn't like you" he slapped my leg lightly. his tone made it sound like that was the dumbest thing i'd ever said. we drove for about an hour before heading home. i loved sunsets so he promised to get baylen to watch it with me in the backyard. i already knew baylen would say yes tho. it was sadie i wasn't so sure about. she was around baylen 24/7.

when we got home baylen and sadie were sitting on the couch together. i walked in and walked to the backyard because it was getting late. after about five minutes baylen sat next to me.

"the sunsets always so pretty isn't it?" i asked not looking at him. i could feel him looking at me. he put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. i rested my head on his chest.

"i love you y/n" as he said this i remembered the way his lips felt on mine. "you know i always will right?" he rubbed my back lightly.

"yeah, i love you too baylen" i snuggled into his chest more. then i heard the annoying voice of sadie and baylen pulled away from the hug. i sat up straight and kept looking at the sky.

"hey y/n, could you please scoot over so i can sit by baylen?" i moved. after a while she was laying on top of him and they were laughing. i couldn't take it so i walked inside.

(baylens pov)

sadie was laying on top of me when we were in the backyard with y/n. she was tickling me and i was laughing. i looked up at y/n and she started to walk away.

"wait baby stop" i said to sadie so she would stop ticking me. i looked in the window and saw peej and y/n sitting on the couch. peej was laying with his head right next to y/ns. i couldn't help but get jealous. he took the remote she was handing him and turned on the tv. she looked so beautiful.

"let's go inside, it's cold" sadie snapped me out of my thoughts and i agreed. we walked inside and sat next to them. y/n was laughing at peejs jokes. they had been extra close the past few months. that's how me and y/n had been. even though we were watching cobra kai i couldn't seem to focus. all i could look at was peej and y/n. it made me so jealous to see them together.

(y/n pov)

after we watched a couple episodes of cobra kai i went to bed. i woke up the next morning to baylen jumping on my bed.

"what are you doing?" i asked rubbing my eyes.

"we're going shopping, just you and me. all day baby" he yelled. "wooo, get up come on" i sat up as he sat next to me "it's just like old times" he smiled beautifully at me. i walked to the bathroom to get ready.

when i was done i walked downstairs and out to the car like he told me to. i walked to the car where he told me he would be.

he started talking as soon as i got in. "ok here's what i'm thinking, starbucks, then the beach, walmart and then mr khan. then we go and watch the sunset at our special spot. sound good?" he looked so cute with both hands on the steering wheel, his smile covering his face.

"yeah sounds great." i said smiling. we did everything thing that he said we would, i got a cute stuffed animal and a candle at walmart. and mr khan was so happy to see us.

we drove to our special spot at the end of the day. i hadn't been there since high school. we got out of the car and walked down the path to the rocky beach spot. there was very few people who knew about this part of the beach. i was glad i was one of them. we both sat on the rock no talking, just looking at the surroundings.

"i broke up with sadie" he eventually said.

"oh i'm so sorry baylen" i looked over at him, he was looking at me.

"it's fine, it was my choice anyway."

"why'd you do it?" i asked

"so i can do this" he then kissed me. i immediately kissed him back. he pulled me on top of his lap before pulling out of the kiss.

i looked him in the eyes "i love you baylen"

"i love you to, and i don't have a problem with all those champagne problems." 

"wait you saw the tiktok too?!" i said looking shocked.

"yeah it's the motivation i needed to make the move i always wanted to."