- 4 -

In the Mess Hall, Lola and Tommy were scrubbing the floor and Tommy kept checking on her, "I swear to god Tommy, if you keep asking me if I'm okay to be doing this, I will leave you to clean it all on your own," Lola said.

"Lola..." Tommy said.

Lola crawled over to him and kissed him, "I'm fine, Tommy... I mean it, I'm okay if I wasn't I would tell you, I promise," Lola said.

"Make sure you'd tell me, right?" Tommy asked.

"Of course, I would," Lola said and they kissed again, holding each other close as Tommy pulled her onto his lap.

Cindy and Sean walked in, "I swear to god everyone just wants to ruin my life. Alice just like... she just won't let it go," Tommy and Lola pulled away and looked at them as Lola slid off Tommy's lap, "You know, it's like we're still 12 years old and her whole goal in life is to... To punish me for something that wasn't even my fault," Cindy said.

"I can't believe you guys used to be friends," Sean said as he and Cindy started to scrub the Mess Hall floors.

"And Ziggy..." Cindy groaned, "I mean it's only time before she ends up in jail or worse. And I'm just trying to be a good role model and make something of myself. But no, no, I'm a stuck-up priss who hates fun, which isn't even true at all. I like fun. I like fun!" Cindy continued scrubbing the floor a little too hard as the others looked at her, "I just... I just want to get out of Shadyside. Is that so crazy?" Suddenly, she ripped the sponge she was using and gasped, "Shit!" She threw the pieces of sponge to the floor, "Shit!" Cindy said.

The three other teens looked at her in shock then Tommy chuckled, "Did Cindy Berman just swear?" Tommy asked.

Cindy looked at him, "Not now, Tommy! Not in the mood!" Cindy said and turned to head into the store room.

"Hey, hey," Sean grabbed her hand and she looked at him, "Listen to me... Wishing to get out of Shadyside isn't crazy, okay? But it rarely happens and when it does they're called traitors by people who used to be their friends. With Alice... Yeah, you two used to be friends and yeah, you snitched, but I bet there's probably a whole deeper reason as to why she's holding onto the past... With Ziggy... I get you think she doesn't listen to you, but have you listened to her? I don't mean her complaining about Sunnyvale, but actually listened to her and what she's telling you?" Sean said.

 I get you think she doesn't listen to you, but have you listened to her? I don't mean her complaining about Sunnyvale, but actually listened to her and what she's telling you?" Sean said

"Are you having a go at me? She's risking me getting to go to college!" Cindy said.

"I'm not having a go, babe. But Ziggy gets bullied, I don't mean the name-calling... She gets hurt, and I don't really see you being there to help your little sister... Your mom is working to provide for both of you, not just you, babe..." Sean kissed her forehead, "I know you want college and a life away from Sunnyvale, but try to breathe," Sean said.

"I know mom is providing for us both... But..." Cindy said.

"No, buts, Cin... Life sucks for everyone in many different ways, don't make it worse for yourself, okay? And breathe," Sean said and she nodded then walked off to the store room.