later that same day, y/n called up the office and made an appointment with dr. ross the next morning. ariana was still asleep when y/n woke up, and she didn't bother waking her up, instead leaving her a note.

y/n took a quick shower and made sure she was shaved before finishing up her routine. she was in the office before eight and only had to wait a few minutes until dr. ross was ready for her.

the check-up with dr. ross went pretty smoothly and was oddly not nerve-wracking at all. y/n was pretty proud of what she had down there and she wasn't afraid to show it, especially if it was detrimental to the fact if she and ariana could have kids.

luckily there weren't any problems with the check-up, but y/n did have to give up a sperm sample so they could test the count. a quick ten minutes in a cold ass room and her beautiful girlfriend on her mind, that box was quickly checked off.

now for the hard part.

there was a knock on the door of y/n's appointment room and emerged dr. ross from
the hallway. he sent her a small smile as he took a seat on his stool, a clipboard in hand. after waiting for an hour in this room, y/n's nerves were through the roof.

dr. ross sighed and glanced down at the clipboard. "well, do you want the good news or the bad news first?"

y/n felt her shoulders slump at this, her heart falling to her feet. she shrugged silently, leaning her forehead on her fist.

dr. ross nodded. "well, the bad news is that your sperm count is significantly lower than it was a few years ago, which can definitely make it difficult to get pregnant. the good news is that you are still capable of getting that back up to where it used to be. if you would like me to, i can definitely prescribe you something to help with that?"

   y/n casted her head down but nodded, trying to fight back the lump in her throat. "yes, please."

   dr. ross gave her a sympathetic smile at the defeat in her voice, nodding and scribbling something down. "i apologize. that is all for today. i will send this down to your pharmacy and they should be ready in about half an hour. the only thing we ask for these pills is that you do wait a month before engaging in any sexual activity. this also does include masterbation."

   y/n stood up from her chair as he did, waving her wand. "no, that's fine. thank you, dr. ross." with that, dr. ross gave her a slip with the information about the pills before she was off on her way.

   she made a quick stop at the pharmacy before driving home, her heart and head heavy.

it was half past eleven when she finally got back home and she knew ariana would already be up by now. she just had to break the news that she was at fault for why they couldn't get pregnant.

y/n pushed the front door open with a deep frown and the pharmacy bag in hand, keys jingling as she placed them in the bowl by the door. ariana perked up at the sound from the living room as she was finishing up some cleaning, calling out for y/n.

the sound of her girlfriend's cheery voice made her smile as she walked into the living room. ariana looked over her shoulder as she wiped down the shelf above the fireplace, sending y/n a sweet smile.

"hi handsome. how did it go?" she asked with a small sigh, laying her hands on y/n's chest as she approached her. she stood on her toes and pressed her lips to y/n's in a soft kiss.

y/n shamefully lifted the pharmacy bag and the flier. "exactly how i thought it would. i-i have to take these for a month before we can try again." her cheeks burned in embarrassment. "i -i'm really sorry."

   ariana frowned at the cracks in y/n's voice, pulling her into a small hug. "it's okay honey. we'll be okay." she whispered as she pressed a kiss to y/n's temple. "i love you more than anything and nothing is going to change that. not even this."

y/n nodded softly as she pecked ariana's lips. "i love you more."

——

3 months later

   ariana sighed as she closed the lid of the box, a small smile spreading across her lips. y/n was on her way home from work and would be home in about five minutes.

   ariana pinned her hair out of her face with a clip as she hid the test in the pocket of her dress.  she poured y/n a glass of champagne and herself a glass of sparkling water, leaving them sitting by the cake that was in the box, along with a plate.

   her smile grew as she heard the sound of the door closing and toulouse barking like crazy. y/n greeted him at the door with pets and kisses before she walked further into the house, slipping off her sweatshirt.

   "hi baby!" ariana couldn't hide the excitement in her voice as y/n made her way into the kitchen. she grabbed the glass of champagne and handed it to y/n. "mom brought us a cake and i wanted to wait for you to have some!"

   y/n offered her a tired smile as she pressed their lips together. "you're too sweet, darling." she joked with a teasing smile before taking a sip from her glass. ariana giggled and handed her a knife to cut the cake with.

   "you do the honors," she smiled, standing back a little to grasp y/n's reactions.

   y/n hummed and sat down her glass and the knife, gently lifting the top of the box. she didn't even look at the cake before she grabbed the knife and positioned it above the desert.

   "wait—" she stopped herself and pulled the knife back, eyes dancing over the top of the cake. there was a drawing of four ducks in icing, one that resembled the tattoo on ariana's hip with an extra little duckling added to the back of the line.

   "wait ari, what the fuck is this?" she blubbered, looking over to her girlfriend with wide eyes. her jaw fell open as she saw ariana standing there with a huge smile on her lips and a positive pregnancy test in her hands.

   "ohmygod!" y/n gasped as she dropped the knife on the counter and her hands slapped over her cheeks. "are you being serious right now? like not a joke?"

ariana nodded her head as her eyes flushed with tears. y/n yelled out as she wrapped her arms around ariana and hoisted her up, swinging them around.

   "oh my god! we're having a baby! an actual baby! i'm gonna pass out." y/n breathed out in disbelief, gently placing ariana back on her feet.  she held ariana's cheeks as she captured her lips in a passionate kiss, their tears falling down their cheeks and mixing.

"god, i love you so much." she whispered against into the kiss. she sank down to her knees and lifted ariana dress above her stomach, gently rubbing her hands against the skin. "and i love you too, little one."

ariana's heart warmed as she reached down, placing a hand on y/n's head as she whispered into her belly. y/n placed another kiss to ariana's stomach before she pulled her dress down, coming back up to ariana's height.

"i think it's a boy," ariana mumbled as she leaned into y/n's arms, staring up at her with adoring eyes. y/n scrunched up her nose as she shook her head.

"no way, my child is a girl!" she rebutted, kissing ariana's forehead as she slowly grabbed the knife again. ariana wrapped her arms around y/n's waist as she cut into the cake, placing two slices on a plate for them to share.

ariana smirked and took a slice in her hand and smashed it into an unsuspecting y/n's face. "oh, dude! what the fuck?" she laughed, wiping the cake and icing off her face. "what did i do?"

ariana swiped her thumb across y/n's top lip, bringing it into her mouth. "just because." she shrugged, sending y/n an innocent smile. she grabbed y/n's chin between her thumb and pointer finger, pecking her lips gently. "i love you."

y/n hummed and wiggled her eyebrows. "i love you too, mommy."

   "y/n, no."

——

heyyy. i hope y'all enjoyed your weekend <3

we're getting close to the end, y'all 😭 very very close

i love you all so so so fucking much <33333