iv. 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚

Start from the beginning

Angela frowned as she cast a lowering glance, then raised her head and exhaled deeply. " Geneva, I apologize. Sincerely, I'm just... You knew how much I liked Jake, and I just wanted to fit in and— "

" Look, Angela, don't bother if you're just going to create an excuse for your behavior. I was your only friend when you weren't popular and they didn't even a glance at you, so it doesn't matter if you wanted to fit in. " Geneva exclaimed, Angela looked down, sighed, and then grabbed both of Geneva's hands.

" Geneva Martinez, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did to you and for what I allowed them to say to you. I'm sorry for destroying our friendship in order to gain popularity. I regret avoiding you and abandoning you so that I could be with them. I'm sorry I chose Jake over you. I know I shouldn't have picked a boy over the girl who has always been there for me, and I'll never be able to forgive myself for it. Geneva, I'm sorry. I wanted to apologize to you even though I know you won't accept it or want to restart our friendship. "

Geneva was surprised and speechless while Angela simply gazed into her eyes as she finished. After years of tormenting from Angela and her friends, Geneva had mixed feelings about accepting Angela's apology.

Geneva blushed a little as she looked down at their hands. When Angela caught her staring, she suddenly grew red, put her hands on her sides, rubbed the back of her neck, and muttered a little apology. When Angela caught her staring, she suddenly grew red, grabbed her hands, and rubbed the back of her neck while whispering a little apology.

Geneva sighed and swung her leg before pulling her into a hug. Angela's eyes widened; she hadn't expected the girl hugging her. Geneva was tightly embracing her, worried that this was all a dream and she would soon vanish. Angela wrapped her arms around Geneva's waist while flashing a slight smile and pink cheeks.

Suddenly, a phone rang. Geneva jumped and ran toward the ringing phone, but she quickly turned around and ran back to Angela, who was standing awkwardly by the front door.

" You can... come in. " Geneva said before sprinting back to the ringing phone. Angela shook her head chuckling a bit before walking towards the couch. Sitting down, she took a quick glance around and smiled slightly as she recalled their past sleepovers.

Geneva walked back towards Angela, who looked up at her. "Do you have any special requests? A cup of water or some pizza? My brother works at Surfer Boy Pizza. Wait, you already knew that. I'm sorry. I'm rambling again. I'm sorry." Geneva covered her face with her hands, embarrassed.

Angela chuckled, her hand covering her smile. " It's okay, Gennie, " Angela said, smiling. Geneva sighed and flopped onto the couch beside Angela.

" Uh, does it... does it still hurt? " Geneva pointed towards the bandage covering her forehead, awkwardly. While scratching the back of her neck, Angela looked up, then back at Geneva, " A little. It only stings when it comes into contact with something."

" Ah... Hey, Angela. "

" Yeah? "

" I— never mind. " Before she could say what had been building up, Geneva sealed her mouth. She wanted to scream out her questions, but at this moment, she was unable to.

Confused, Angela arched her brow. She is aware that Geneva wouldn't budge and wouldn't reveal anything after saying, " Never mind. " What Geneva wanted to say to Angela is unknown.