𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ♛ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑

Start from the beginning

          "Desmara, this is my council. These are the people I turn to to help make decisions." He explains. He introduces them one by one, stating their name and their house. Otto, of House Hightower, seems the most displeased of my presence. His jaw is clenched, his eyes are narrow, and his welcoming is cold and isolated.

          "I hope you all find it in your best interest to make my daughter feel welcome here." Viserys states. His claim is not a question, it is a demand. They all nod respectively then take their seats once again after my father does.

          "Desmara, you are dismissed. A guard will show you to your chambers. I will see you at dinner." He says to me without looking up from the map he has spread out in front of him. I nod at the dismissal and stride out of the room as quickly as I can. I feel the eyes of the council shooting into me as I make my exit.

          A guard begins leading me to my chambers when I arrive outside the door. It isn't Leonard, I can tell because this knight has heavier strides as well as a different set of armor. It takes a long while to make it to the chambers. The Red Keep is a large place, full of winding corridors. Eventually we make it to the hallway where my chambers are.

          He pushes opens the door and I enter the room. It's huge, enormous, perhaps the size of my mothers entire home. The bed is large enough to fit five, maybe six. The room is decorated with red details everywhere. The curtains, rugs, paintings. There are candles lit everywhere but the sunlight streaming through the giant window at the center of the room is enough light to allow me to see everything.

          I open the dresser and nearly gasp at the array of clothes inside. I've never seen so many fine fabrics before. I pace over to the vanity, where there are a plethora of necklaces and earrings, many more than I could ever imagine. I haven't worn earrings in years, I sold my last pair when my mother lost her job as a waitress. We couldn't afford much, but those earrings were worth something, so I sold them.

          It's hard to imagine that this is how the half of my family have lived for countless centuries. I cannot fathom that my ancestors have been bathed in jewels and cloth as they have. Compared to the room that I'm standing in, which is worth at least thirty thousand coin, I've come from more than humble beginnings.

         I press my hand into the mattress of the bed. It's unbelievably soft. I notice the doors which are opened at the corner of my room. I enter through them. There's a bath chamber made of cool stone. The bathtub in the center of the room is large enough to hold at least a hundred gallons of water. I stand in the center of the room, my hand rests gently on the edge of the tub.

         All of this seems to be happening so fast. Yesterday I had found out my father was Viserys and now I'm standing in my own chambers at the Red Keep. There is a soft knock on the door to the chambers. I scuttle out the bath chambers into the main room.

          "Come in." I say simply. The door opens and a woman dressed in a light red dress with a white hair piece steps inside. She does a small bow with her hands crossed in front of her.

          "Afternoon to you, Desmara. I am Zetena. I will be your maiden, helping you get ready and bathed and things of the sort." Her words jumble out in a worried manor. She looks to be about thirty, judging by the thin wrinkles on her face and the wearing of her hands.

          "Pleasure to meet you." I say with a smile. She returns the gesture, but only briefly. In a moments notice she has the dresser open and she's picked out a light blue and silver gown. She hurries over to the dresser and grabs a pair of earrings and a necklace then places everything on the bed. After that she beckons for me to join her at the vanity. I do.